Author Topic: Vogue Magazine  (Read 7254 times)

Vogue Magazine
« on: October 19, 2011, 06:19:47 PM »
So a few weeks ago, out of the blue a magazine rep. called about using a chicken for a holiday gift giving article.  Yes that\'s right a chicken as a gift.  Not sure how they are doing the layout but after a week of back and forth conversations and a 100 + picture photoshoot, we are in.  Also featured in the piece is a my egg basket with an array of colorful eggs.  Here are some shot taken with my phone during the shoot.  I don\'t know what shots they are using but the hen (Miss Madonna...the photographer named her) was a born model.  She posed and remained calm the entire time, never tried once to get away.  It was a pretty amazing experience.  So does this count as a showing.....do we get extra points since it\'s an international magazine  :p The issue will hit news stands Nov. 15th.

John

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »
Fantastic!
If they actually say the variety/color is \"lavender\" in the magazine there are some folks that may have a fit.

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 08:35:45 PM »
probably  :rolleyes:

Mike Gilbert

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 10:19:52 PM »
Nice Photos.   Don\'t think I have ever purchased a copy of that magazine, but may have to think about it now.

OldChurchEggery

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 09:34:44 AM »
Wow- that\'s impressive! I bet your hen was the least demanding model ever to grace the pages of Vogue.

bantamhill

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 12:41:37 PM »
Totally cool! The reaction will be fun to watch.

Michael

FLFAmeraucanas

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 11:59:55 PM »
That is fantastic!  Way to go!  She is beautiful.

Beth C

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 09:14:32 AM »
Quote from: Mike Gilbert
Nice Photos.   Don\'t think I have ever purchased a copy of that magazine, but may have to think about it now.

Ditto. If they use the name lavender, perhaps we should each purchase a copy & mail it to APA... ;)

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 05:17:59 PM »
Well the magazine is out and I yet to see it.  My friends have seen it and said they did a nice job. Hopefully I will make it to the store tomorrow.

FLFAmeraucanas

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 07:11:46 PM »
This will the first time I ever purchase Vogue!  Can\'t wait to see it!

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 07:32:41 PM »
It\'s in the gift giving section.  Yes a chicken as a gift ;)  Their brain child, I just provided the hen and eggs.

Beth C

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 10:43:13 AM »
Ha - never thought I would be buying a copy of Vogue, but I\'ll be looking for one today!

ParadiseFoundFarm

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Vogue Magazine
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 02:40:33 PM »
She\'s a pinup hen!?!    I\'m buying a copy and pinning it up in my feed room/bathroom!!!!!  
Denise Baker
Paradise Found Farm
        Joliet, IL

Mike Gilbert

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »
Well, got my copy.   For $3.99 plus tax it was a colossal disappointment, as I\'m sure it must have been to Karen.   A very small ad on page 314 advertising chickens that \"lay colorful eggs,\"  and a picture of a basket of primarily brown, green, and white eggs, along with one cutout photo of a lavender hen.   I guess I was expecting some kind of article or information;  instead it is an advertisement.    Based on the content of the rest of this publication I have to wonder about the people who would actually subscribe to it.  

Beth C

Vogue Magazine
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 11:23:23 AM »
Thanks, Mike, you just saved me 4 bucks - I didn\'t make it to the store the other day and was planning on picking one up today. I\'ll still check it out, but I\'m not giving Fauxgue my money. Did it even mention the breed, or the color lavender? Given what you described, I\'m almost hoping it didn\'t...