Author Topic: Silent Auction at National Meet  (Read 3635 times)

bantamhill

Silent Auction at National Meet
« on: October 21, 2011, 10:02:01 AM »
I visited with Jerry yesterday and he asked that I collect a list of what will be brought for the silent auction. Please email me at Michael@bantamhill.com.

Thanks!

Michael

John

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 10:29:11 AM »
I can donate my old APA 1998 Standard.  It is in very good condition.

faith valley

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »
Is Jerry wanting birds or items for donations?  If birds, do we have the cages being brought and the space to put those cages?  Is Jerry asking for small items to put on the one club table or was more than one club table and space donated to our club for placing the national meet?  

Last joint national, the club that I was working with had to rent sale space to hold their silent auction- only one club table was given for a national and you could not have silent auction birds up at that location. And we had to bring the cages to put those silent auction birds in.

Just trying to sort out what type of donations he is looking for.

Patty

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 01:45:26 PM »
I am donating two chocolate orpington chicks to the Club, I would prefer to sell raffle tickets for them and have already purchased a roll.......

Jean

faith valley

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 01:51:21 PM »
I am with you, Jean, raffle tickets for birds/items will bring in twice the amount of money as a silent auction will.

Jean, do you know where our silent auction table will be set up at? I have a friend that is really into orpingtons.. will your donation be largefowl or bantam orps?

Patty

bantamhill

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 03:50:21 PM »
Patty:

You hit the nut on the head! I am trying to find out what is being brought so that I can have the correct setup. I am getting very little information from the Crossroads folks. I can function within a raffle or silent auction. If people prefer the silent auction that is fine.

Again, if you are planning on donating items for the silent auction/raffle please e-mail the items to Michael@bantamhill.com.

Thanks!

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 05:14:50 PM »
Patty, they are bantams.  There will be another couple at the UOC table, which is supposed to be right next to ours......

I think we can do whatever we like at our club table, but I don\'t know how much room there is. I am bringing a table just in case.

Michael, keep trying that number for Bill and Dave.

:)
Jean

John

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »
Just my opinion...but I\'ve always pushed for silent auctions as opposed to selling raffle tickets, just so no one is tied down at the table to sell them.  With a silent auction you can leave the table unattended (and hide the valuables).  I like to be free to enjoy the show, but sure don\'t mind if others want to sit there.
I imagine the club will only get one 8\" table and only space for one.  If a second is needed for a raffle/auction I can provide space at the space I bought for our Fowl Stuff display.  It is supposed to be 20\' wide by 10\' deep and if the table can be setup so that the narrow end is facing the walkway there should be room and I\'ll set my table up the same way with a fabricated nest box display in the middle.