Author Topic: Schedule of Events at Crossroads  (Read 6010 times)

dixieland

Schedule of Events at Crossroads
« on: October 22, 2011, 08:43:28 PM »
This is our first \"big\" chicken show.....In our world of showing dogs we guess it would be the equivalent to Westminster KC...
 We are pretty excited, and want to try and get the most out of the weekend that we can.....

Are there some important times we need to keep track of?
Are there any seminars on breeding or genetics to participate in?

And above and beyond all of this, if anyone is in need of a helping hand or anything like that we are happy to jump in..

Wishing everyone safe travels to Indy!!!
David & Jes

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »
Try to attend the annual club meeting, as it will be a chance to meet everyone.   As far as I know we still have not been assigned a time slot by show management.  That does make it a little difficult to make plans, doesn\'t it?  Also, the ABA and APA will have annual membership meetings, as well as many other breed clubs.

dixieland

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 10:58:57 PM »
Thanks Mike! We will try to get to all three meeting, since we\'re members of those 3 clubs.

bantamhill

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 09:23:11 PM »
I will post an update tomorrow night. Given the lack of information the best best is for everyone to plan on stopping by the booth.

Michael

Barbara Dodington

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucanas - Marans - Silkies
    • View Profile
    • Barb's Birds
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »
This will be my first big poultry show as well. I am very much looking forward to meeting some of you!

Barb

John

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 01:49:53 PM »
stopping by the booth

It may be a good idea for us to email our cell phone numbers to Michael, Jean or other member that would compile a list and bring it to the show and/or email it to those of us that contribute to it, by Wednesday night, so we can easily contact each other at the show as needed.  The club table and the \"Ameraucana Central\" in the sale area will be the main areas to meet other than down the aisles in the show hall.
It will be noisy in there, so \"vibrate\" may be needed on the cell phones.
What say you?

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 07:09:46 PM »
If anyone wants to take note, mine is (608)799-3344.   I seldom carry it but will need to at this show.

Scott

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 08:16:28 PM »
This will be my first poultry show and I am really looking forward to it.  I will be there Friday and Saturday.  If anyone would tolerate a sidekick, I\'d really like to learn more about showing and have quite a few questions.  Let me know who is compiling the cell phone list.  I would like to provide my contact information.

Hope everyone has a safe trip to the show.  

Scott

dixieland

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 09:38:24 PM »
Great Idea Mike!

Our cell number for the weekend is 615 489 3196.

We are staying at the Marriott North on River Crossings Parkway. That was listed as one of the main hotels, and ultimately we decided to stay there in hopes of getting to meet & socialize with more of you....
We\'ll be the odd couple driving the giant silver Ford E-350 Dog Show Van with Tennessee tags and a \"DXL ShowDogs\" decal on the back end...
This will also be our first trip together in 5 years with no dogs along for the trip! We are pretty excited that show chickens don\'t need to be exercised outdoors several times each day no matter what the weather!

dixieland

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 09:42:26 PM »
Also, wishing everyone safe and uneventful travels to Indianapolis.

bantamhill

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 11:17:52 PM »
I will have a list at the Club table for members to list their cell phones for the show. In addition there will be a list for the Club meal/get together on Friday night. I still do not have a room or time for the Club meeting. I will scout out a place and we will have it late on Saturday so we can give out awards.

A quick update . . . I found out who our judge is but not much else. The Ameraucana will be judged by . . . . .

Conor Keegan

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 11:59:52 PM »
We are also staying at Marriot North.
Paul Smith

bantamhill

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 08:56:47 AM »
2011 Ameraucana Breeders Club Meeting
Indianapolis, IN
October 29, 2011

Proposed Agenda:

Call to Order

Setting of Agenda

Welcome and Introductions

2010 Meeting Minutes

New Business

2012 National Meet
      Lavender & Splash
      Club Handbook
      Exhibitor Point System
      Club Awards
      Lifetime achievement award
      Club Picture

John

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 09:57:24 AM »
Conor Keegan
http://ckaviaries.com/About_Us.htm

also staying at Marriot North

Blehms and Gilberts too

I will have a list at the Club table for members to list their cell phones for the show.

Michael has mine

the odd couple

Felix?  Is that you?

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 09:53:33 AM »
May everyone have a safe trip, and God willing, see ya Fri or Sat.

Closing date on my new home and chicken facilites has been moved up from the Nov. 14th date; signing the closing papers today, then loading up for hopfully  :p an early start for Crossroads tomorrow.

Cell # 309 299 3240