Author Topic: National Meet Results  (Read 23733 times)

bantamhill

National Meet Results
« on: October 30, 2011, 07:32:07 AM »
Congratulations Jensen on your big win! Jensen dominated the awards.

More to come!

Michael

Cloverleaf Farm

National Meet Results
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
Woo Hoo!  Congrats Jensen!!  Can\'t wait to hear how everybody did!!!!!  

grisaboy

National Meet Results
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 08:24:30 PM »
Is any one missing a blue bantam pullet from the Nationals?
I was helping cleaning up and this bird was still in the cage.  The tag said she belongs to Heavenly Springs or Sally and Megan Mayall.  They only live a short distance from me so I brought the bird to them.  They had entered a blue pullet but did not bring her so this is not their bird.  She will have a good home if no one claims her but would like to return her if someone is missing her.
Curtis Beck

John

National Meet Results
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 08:28:21 PM »
Members at the club meeting...sorry, but it looks blurry after knocking it down to size for the forum.  There should be a clear one in the Bulletin.

John

National Meet Results
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 08:39:48 PM »
Our trusty leaders...
And Jean presented Michael with the ABC Lifetime Achievement Award. B)
CONGRATULATIONS!

dixieland

National Meet Results
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 09:08:47 PM »
Congratulations to all of the winners!
But, even more importantly- Congratulations to all of the fanciers who made such an impressive entry of out breed.
We were excited about meeting all of you and seeing your birds in the feather before we left for Indy....However, now that we have met you and seen your GORGEOUS birds- we are 100x times more excited to be part of an associated with such a great group of people!
Thank you for making our first National so memorable!!
J & D

ParadiseFoundFarm

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
National Meet Results
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 10:13:10 AM »
Congrats to all the winners!  I loved meeting all of you.  It was a honor to be amongst the rock stars of our breed. :p
Denise Baker
Paradise Found Farm
        Joliet, IL

John

National Meet Results
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 11:48:28 AM »
rock stars

...and maybe waltz stars?  I\'ve figured out ParadiseFoundFarm is Denise.  Here she is at the club table with Mike Gilbert judging eggs, while Jean is slumming at another club table.

National Meet Results
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 12:54:58 PM »
Thanks everyone for a great National Meet....hope to see everyone at the next meet...btw i have 3 black cockrels i didnt sell at indiana..i am going to ohio nationals and will bring them with me...so if anyone is interested.. feel free to contact me..they are $40 a pice..(they are half brothers to my black pullet that won..)

ParadiseFoundFarm

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
National Meet Results
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
Quote from: John
rock stars

...and maybe waltz stars?  I\'ve figured out ParadiseFoundFarm is Denise.  Here she is at the club table with Mike Gilbert judging eggs, while Jean is slumming at another club table.

Yep that\'s me!  Sorry I had to leave early - I got word that \"dog\" had gotten hurt and needed first aid my husband was not sure how to do.  Glad I went home because when I saw it I took a look at him and then took him directly to the vet - 12 stitches!  Ouch!
I\'m still in awe over meeting all of you.  I feel like a teenage groupie around you guys!
Denise Baker
Paradise Found Farm
        Joliet, IL

Mike Gilbert

National Meet Results
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 10:50:38 PM »
Mary and I arrived home about 1 p.m. today (Monday)after staying overnight in Illinois.   We had a great weekend.   I felt most classes of large fowl and bantams were as deep or deeper in quality than most ABC nationals of recent years.   Many birds that took a third or fourth might have taken best of breed 10 or 15 years ago.  Congratulations to Jensen Pierson for winning best and reserve of breed in the large fowl.   Congrats to Jerry DeSmidt for winning RB in the bantams on a nice wheaten cock bird.  I never did learn the name of the nonmember who won best bantam.  In terms of numbers, the ABC National meet ranked 7th out of 35 chicken club national meets held there.   According to the Crossroads printout, there were 138 large fowl Ams plus 98 bantam Ams.   Wish we had entered two more bantams!  So progress is being made by a great group of people.  Mary and I hope to provide a little better competition in Sedalia next October.   It\'s never too early to start making plans;  we hope to see many of you there.  

dak

National Meet Results
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 12:27:06 PM »
Congrats to all!!!!  

(So jealous  ;))

Maybe next year..... Guess I\'ll have to be content with our local APA show this weekend.  I have seveal birds entered, but wish they were a little more mature.

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
National Meet Results
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 08:39:35 PM »
We got home about 5, Sun evening. Trip was uneventful(which is good).  We had a great time as usual. was great to see everyone again.  What a class act the show committee was and what a wonderful show.  Cant really explain how massive the show was, you just had to be there.  Congrats. to all the winners.   Hope everyone made it home safe.
Jerry and Jake

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
National Meet Results
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 11:01:24 PM »
  The 2011 Ameraucana national was a huge success!  As for as I know it was the largest one that has ever been held with a total of 258 head of Ameraucanas.

The open large fowl show had 13 exhibitors from 10 states and Canada that exhibited 123 head!  There were 24 blues shown by 5 exhibitors with Jensen Pierson showing the BV (best variety) on a cockerel in the trio class which was also selected as RB (reserve breed) second best large fowl.  Jensen also had the RV (reserve variety) on the first place cockerel.

Paul & Angela Smith had the BV on a blue wheaten pullet.  Tom Kernan had RV on a blue wheaten cock.  There were 3 blue wheatens shown by 2 exhibitors.

There were also 3 brown reds shown by 2 exhibitors.  The BV was a cock shown by James Fegan.  This brown red cock was selected to be third best Ameraucana LF-the highest that a brown red has ever won!  Before the show I asked Jim if he brought the champion large fowl again this year.  He replied we will have to wait and see after the judging.  He only missed it by two places!  The RV brown red was a pullet shown by Mike Gilbert.

There were 11 buffs shown by 5 exhibitors with Jerry DeSmidt’s and Jean Ribbeck’s pullets winning BV and RV respectfully.

There were 3 silvers shown by 2 exhibitors.  John Blehm had BV and Jean Ribbeck had RV both on pullets.

There were 10 wheatens shown by 6 exhibitors, with Paul & Angela Smith having BV on a pullet and RV on a cockerel.

Ten whites were exhibited by 4 exhibitors.  John and Ann Foley had the BV on a pullet which also won fifth best large fowl Ameraucana.  Baker and Goodfellow from Ontario, Canada had the RV also on a pullet.

The AOV (any other variety) class had 7 lavenders by four exhibitors-several short of the required five exhibitors and 50 head (10 C, 10 H,  10 K, 10 P and 10 more of any sex).  I’m hoping the ABC can get the lavender and splash recognized in the future!  The BV lavender was a pullet by John Blehm and Paul & Angela Smith had RV also on a pullet.

The splash class had 7 head by three exhibitors.  There was some confusion as ours were entered as blue splash-so the show management wouldn’t get them confused with splash wheatens.  Oops-what a mess!  Jensen Pierson had BV on a pullet and Jerry DeSmidt had RV also on a pullet.  The two splash pullets were chosen to be the BV and RV of the AOV class.

Now for the blacks!  Forty-five were shown by 9 exhibitors.  Jerry DeSmidt had the RV on a cock which was also the fourth best large fowl Ameraucana.  Jensen Pierson had the BV on a pullet out of her first place trio.  Jensen’s black pullet also won BB (best of breed).  Jensen’s black trio was the best large fowl trio.  Jerry DeSmidt had the highest scoring display with 198 points on his blacks.  Jensen scored 108 on her blacks and 106 on her blues.  These were  only three displays in the Ameraucanas as no bantam trios were shown.

There were 87 head of bantams shown by 15 exhibitors from seven states which added nine more exhibitors to the total, as 6 showed both bantams and large fowl.  There were 7 blues shown by four exhibitors.  Jerry DeSmidt had BV on a cockerel and Robert Rennolet had RV on a pullet.

There were 4 blue wheatens shown by 3 exhibitors-all pullets.  Jerry DeSmidt had BV which also was selected the third best bantam Ameraucana.  Jerry DeSmidt also had the RV.

There were 5 brown reds shown by 2 exhibitors.  Robert Walchak’s cockerel was BV and Mike Gilbert’s cockerel was RV.

Eleven buff were shown by 4 exhibitors.  The BV was a cock shown by John Blehm.  John’s buff cock was selected to be fourth best bantam Ameraucana.  Jensen Pierson had the RV buff on a pullet.

There were 7 lavenders shown by 3 exhibitors.  The BV was a pullet shown by Heavenly Springs Farm and the RV was also a pullet, shown by John Blehm.  Lavenders were the only unrecognized variety shown in the bantam class, so they also were the BV and RV respectfully in the AOV class.

There were 5 silvers shown by two exhibitors.  John Blehm had BV on a pullet.  Curtis Beck had RV on a hen.

Nine wheatens were shown by 4 exhibitors.  Jerry DeSmidt had BV on a cock which also won RB.  Robert Walchak had RV on a pullet.

Nine whites were shown by two exhibitors.  Robert Walchak had BV on a pullet.  Donna Townsend had RV also on a pullet.

There were 30 blacks shown by 10 exhibitors.  St. Nazianz Poultry Company had the BV on a pullet which also won BB.  The RV was a cockerel shown by Jensen Pierson.  Jensen’s black cockerel was selected as the 5th best bantam Ameraucana.

Both the open bantam and large fowl were judged by Conor Keegan from California.  Most everyone felt Conor did a very good job!  This show has once again proven that there is still room at the top in the Ameraucana breed!

There were several egg entries.  Larry Clionsky had the best large fowl hen eggs.  Jerry DeSmidt had the best large fowl pullet eggs and both best hen  and best pullet eggs in the bantams egg classes.

There were 29 Ameraucanas and 3 Easter Egg Layers (EEL) shown by 10 juniors from 5 states in the Jr. large fowl class.  There were 11 blacks shown by 6 exhibitors.  Camille Lewandowski had the BV, BB, RV and RB on two very nice black hens.  Two exhibitors showed 1 blue and 2 EEL in the blue class.  BV was Camille Lewandowski on a blue cock.  One blue wheaten pullet shown by Benjamin Hilderbrandt into BV.  One brown red cock was shown by Jamie Seale into BV.  Nine buff were shown by 2 exhibitors.  Jensen Pierson had BV on a pullet and RV on a cockerel.  Five silvers were shown by Morgan Vogel.  Morgan’s cockerel won BV and pullet won RV.  One EEL was shown in the wheaten class.  One white hen was shown by Aylissa Latham into BV.  Unfortunately I don’t know who judged the Jr. large fowl-oops #2.

Pat Malone from Texas judged the Jr. bantams.  There were 19 head shown by 7 Jrs. from 4 states.  One white hen was shown by Megan Mayall into BV.  Six wheatens were shown by 3 exhibitors.  Caleb Pickard had BV and RB on a pullet.  Julia Cotter had RV on her cockerel.  Jensen Pierson showed 8 lavenders.  Her pullet won BV and her hen won RV.  Nicole Pickard showed her buff cock into BV.  Three blacks were shown by 3 exhibitors.  The BV was won by Gabby Dingman on a cock which also won BB.  Nicole Pickard had the RV on a pullet.

Awards were presented during the ABC meeting.  The 2012 national meet was disclosed to be in Sedalia, Missouri on October 27.  Printing of an updated version of the ABC Handbook was discussed.  The lavender and splash recognition of variety was discussed.  An exhibitor  point system was discussed as a draw to get more ABC members showing.  The lifetime achievement award was presented to Secretary Michael Muenks.  The meeting was adjourned and photos of members present were made.

Another great national meet came to an end.  Please make plans to help make 2012 a great meet in Sedalia, Missouri on Oct. 27 by showing!

Photos of all the BV, RV and many photos of the exhibitors will be posted ASAP.

Ameraucanas were in high demand.  Many breeders sold all they brought to sell!  Jerry sold almost 100.  Jensen also sold a lot.  We sold all we brought to sell.

It was great to meet many new fanciers involved in the Ameraucana breed!  Looking forward to October 27, 2012 in Sedalia, Missouri to do it again!

Oops#3-Sure glad it\'s not a strike-I\'d hate to be out!-as I\'m looking forward to next year at Sedalia, Missouri!  I forgot to tell about the ABC dinner \"get to gether\" at Ryan\'s on Friday night.  It was the largest group that we have had since I\'ve been part of it (2000).

A great meal and time was had by everyone!  Thank God for GPS or we wouldn\'t have been able to find it!  A few more took the scenic route-so we ate together in the second shift!  Sure enjoyed meeting, dining and visiting with Will and Christin Kitsch from Pennsylvania.

Oops #4 I also forgot to tell about the huge sale area!  Patty Pickard did a great job of acquiring a sale space, and marketing birds for ABC members.  The sales area was well filled with almost every kind of fowl on Friday morning.  It was well depleted by Saturday evening.  Thanks, Patty!

Oops #5 I also left out the ABC club table.  Michael Muenks did a great job promoting Ameraucanas.  I \"figured out\" several years ago-that it is the ABC members who make the Ameraucanas great!  Thanks Michael and everyone who helped make this another very successful ABC national meet.

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

Tailfeathers

National Meet Results
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 11:17:44 PM »
Thanks Paul for that great post and letting us all know how all the classes did.  Congratulations on your awards!

Thanks John for letting me know that the pic was blurry.  I was beginning to thiink I\'d have to lay off the sauce for awhile!   :p

Now I hope we can all stop talking about how great the show was.  If not, I\'ll never get out of my prayer closet and never stop confessing my envy!!!!!    :D

Seriously, for those who got to attend, I do envy you and I hope to meet y\'all next year at the next Big One.

God Bless,