Author Topic: Photos Wanted!  (Read 11616 times)

John

Photos Wanted!
« on: January 06, 2006, 05:59:10 PM »
I haven\'t asked in a long time and many of you are new to the breed - so here goes.  Please email photos of show quality Ameraucana chickens to me.  Jpg files of digital photos if posssible.  Use regular mail to send a CD of pics or photos that I can scan.  Please remember that I use an old fashioned dial-up modem so please only send the best.  It is time to update the Photos pages on the ABC website (due to your requests), but I can only do it if I have the photos.  

Suz

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 06:23:43 PM »
Hi John,

I have recently added pictures to my album on ABC Shareing Place  http://groups.msn.com/ABCShareingPlace/susiewinder.msnw
I\'m up to 2 pages now!

Let me know if you want me to e-mail any of those original jpg files to you.  Do you recognize the blues, blue wheatens, and splash wheaten?  They are all birds that I bought as day-old chicks from you last Spring.    :D

Susie Winder

John

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 07:58:10 PM »
Thanks Susie.  I\'ve copied some of your pics from the album.
I\'ve already started redesigning the photos pages.  I\'ll use whatever photos I can find to get a pic of every variety on the site and then upgrade them as better pics come to me.  

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 09:58:45 PM »
Do you need any black pictures? Chick pictures?

faith valley

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 10:37:56 AM »
John what a fabulous job on the pages so far!!  Can you add a third page of nonrecognized varieties that some members have \"in progress\"?

~Patty~

John

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 11:25:06 AM »
I\'m all set on lf blacks, but could use a bantam black male.
I think for now I\'ll just put up the recognized varieties.  Day old chick photos would be very helpful and maybe we\'ll do a page on them.
As far as the varieties that are in progress it would be difficult to get photos that would be of show quality birds, since they may not exist.  Black gold bantams would be an exception.  I would rather just post the varieties in progress on the Forum, but am open to direction from the ABC Board.
As you may know Susie Winder and I run this forum for the club.  Now Michael Muenks has volunteered to work with me on the club\'s website!  These are two very active club members, just super nice people and we are fortunate to have them helping out.
 :D

Blue Egg Acres

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 03:16:43 PM »
John, Paul and Angela posted some nice photos in the thread \"South Central District Meet Dec 10-11\". Couldn\'t you use some of those for the club pages?

John

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 06:17:40 PM »
Thanks Barbara.  I emailed Paul earlier today asking for some photos.  I\'ll copy them from the topic you mentioned if needed, but I think the originals would be better for what I\'m doing.

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 09:37:36 PM »
Some of the pictures are still quite large on my modem.
Buffs look like in general that they have larger ruffs and smaller tail sickles than the other Ameraucana colors. Were they originated from Buff Orpington Crosses?
The cock owned by Larry Clionsky looks as though it has yellow/pink legs on the ABC Shareing place color page.

Some egg shots may also be nice...the breed is renowned for its blue egg but there aren\'t any photos here of the eggs.

I will see what I can do for chick pictures, a blue broody silkie is sitting on a clutch of black standard ameraucana eggs right now. Apparently even the ABC Shareing page doesn\'t have pictures of white chicks but I have some from the spring (among grass and easter eggs) taken by a professional photographer.

John

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 07:39:58 PM »
I\'ve added a bunch of photos to the Photos pages on the website.  Check them out and if you can supply some of the missing ones and better ones of what I have please do so.
 :D

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 09:38:43 AM »
I like them. The legs on those buffs are very nice looking. As soon as I find a home for an abandoned pair of Buff Orps my friend gave me I\'ll see if there are any locally when my Breeders Directory arrives!

I still haven\'t had time for photos due to my exams this week and next. I wake up at 6:30, get back around 5:30 when the sun is setting :(.

John

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 09:20:45 PM »
I took the camera out today and posted 3 new photos of the website - LF buff male (Jay Horn\'s breeding), LF silver female (Barbara Campbell\'s breeding) and a bantam silver female (either Mike Gilbert\'s or mine breeding?).

John

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 01:01:36 PM »
I can still use a few more photos just to cover all the varieties.  I need a photo of a LF blue wheaten male plus LF and bantam white males and females.
Please email them to me so I can at least have a photo of each variety and sex displayed.  We can update with better photos as they come in later on.
 :(

bantamhill

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 05:46:50 PM »
John,

You have done a great job collecting photos . . . thanks for the efforts and thanks to the members for their generosity.

Michael

John

Photos Wanted!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 06:58:20 PM »
Thanks to Barbara Campbell for supplying a nice photo of a LF blue wheaten male.
 ;)