Author Topic: ABC Bulletin  (Read 4353 times)

John

ABC Bulletin
« on: May 31, 2005, 09:46:27 PM »
I mailed the Bulletins out on Saturday and ABC members should get them very soon.
This is the new ABA protrait of a blue wheaten male and it is also on the front of the Bulletin.

ABC Bulletin
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 09:58:44 PM »
I got mine today....was very impressed with the picture. NICE!! Do you accept articles for the Bulletin. General things like maybe coop construction or nutrition?? Are you still letting members advertise for free?

John

ABC Bulletin
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 09:55:35 AM »
Yes and Yes.
It is very helphul if you Email articles, so I don\'t have to type them out.  Copy & Paste works for me.

faith valley

ABC Bulletin
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 09:46:26 AM »
Hey John,

Are we on the mailing list for the bulletin?  Hasn\'t arrived yet- but Caleb just joined, so was wondering if he made it onto the list.  

Great photo of a blue wheaten that you used for the cover.

I forgot to tell you, the poster that Caleb made for the APA/ABA youth program using his Ameraucanas turned out very well.  He placed 2nd with it in his age group, so he was very pleased.  

~Patty~

John

ABC Bulletin
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 11:11:17 AM »
Caleb is a Jr. member and should receive one.  He should have also received the new member packet that I sent to him.
I see that Laura, in UT, got her Bulletin on Tuesday.  Maybe the mail takes longer to get to OH from Michigan?

faith valley

ABC Bulletin
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 02:03:22 PM »
John, it made this afternoon\'s mail, thanks.

When submitting articles... how close to the submission deadline do you like them to be?  I see the next deadline is August 15th.

The cartoons in the bulliten are very cute- loved them, I noticed that the articles did not include photos of winners of shows...  Do you prefer articles to not include photos?
~Patty~

faith valley

ABC Bulletin
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 02:20:28 PM »
John,

I was reading in the bulletin about the upcoming shows.  The Hutchinson, MN show is listed as Oct 28-30.  The Poultry Press is advertising it as Oct 22-23.  We are planning on attending that meet as we placed the National  meet for the National Call Breeders there also.  It should be a wonderful show; I\'m glad that there will be an Ameraucana meet there as we would love to meet several of the Ameraucana Breeders to chat chicken.

~Patty~

John

ABC Bulletin
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 02:56:29 PM »
Submit articles and photos, for consideration, close to the deadline please.  I don\'t get started on the Bulletins until then.
I can include photos, but in order to save time and money I only use color on the cover page.
Photos can also be posted on this forum, but they should be compressed so they losd quickly.
You are right - the latest Poultry Press has an ad for the MN show on the 22-23.  I was give the other dates.  I\'ll get it right in the next Bulletin.
Thanks,

John

ABC Bulletin
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 11:55:28 AM »
ABC members should have received the Fall issue of the ABC Bulletin by now.
It was pointed out that I made a mistake in typing the Snake River show report.  Under the blue wheaten bantams that were shown by Koralyn Kibbee I have BV and RV blue wheatens listed again by Susie Winder, but they should have been wheatens.  Sorry, Susie.  As you can see in the report her wheaten cock did very well, winning BV, BB, Champion Ameraucana Over-All and CHAMPION AOCCL!
If others see other mistakes, please post them here or notify me so we can get the facts straight.
You may also see that I made a note about the EMPA show report that I received.  It was \"incomplete and had obvious misinformation.
Also, since I only include show reports of ABC meets in the Bulletins feel free to post your other wins and reports on this forum.  Often times it takes months before I recieve the ABC meet reports and we only put out Bulletins every three months, so give us the low down and post some photos if you have them.