Author Topic: It\'s time to start plans on the 2012 National  (Read 13877 times)

dixieland

It\'s time to start plans on the 2012 National
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 01:07:02 PM »
I Just spoke with Tom who is the general manager for Best Western Sedalia. He was very helpful......He said that there was a large car show at the fairgrounds the same weekend that we would be coming. He has put aside a block of 20 rooms for October 26-28 for us under
THE AMERAUCANA BREEDERS CLUB
our rate is $78.29 plus tax. (That is the lowest he would go This rate is for a king room or a room with 2 double beds and includes a full hot breakfast every morning.
To make your reservation please call
660- 826 -6100
Please wait until after 1:30 Cst to call so that our blockcan be set up in the computer system.
Tom is also going to email me info on the price to put on our awards banquet there...

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »
Photo of goblet

Paul Smith

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »
Nice!   Price?

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 03:42:21 PM »
Hi Mike,
The goblets are $8.
Paul Smith

dixieland

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 09:43:33 PM »
Hmmm...I change my vote to goblet!!! Mug is 2nd choice..

Zach_Rose

Re: It\'s time to start plans on the 2012 National
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »
Who all is judging te show... Also who for the Ameraucanas ?

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 11:44:48 AM »
No judges have been selected at this time for the 2012 Ameraucana National Meet.
Paul Smith

faith valley

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 03:32:54 PM »
I have the JR. BV cash award envelops made up and ready to put out in the mail, as we will not be able to attend the national this year. Is this the address that the cash prizes should be mail to?

Ameraucana Breeders Club
Michael Muenks
33878 Hwy 87
California MO 65018-3911

Due to my husband loosing his job, we are wanting to pull together loose ends before we need to move.  So I'd like to drop these in themail ASAP.

thanks~

Patty

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »
Patty, I'm really sorry to hear that.   This economy is tough - what is this "recovery" they are talking about?  Then again, maybe the Almighty has bigger and better plans for your husband and your family.  Our times are in His hands.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:54:02 PM by Mike Gilbert »

faith valley

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 08:58:55 PM »
Mike,

It is tough right now.. but you are right, God is not going to say, "Gee, I didn't see that one coming..." He will work everything out for His glory.  In the meantime, we are not going to be foolish...  We are selling down the flocks to keep the feed bill low, sold all of the outdoor pens, almost all of this year's chicks, lots of great show stock was parted with.. but we can always rebuild. The bantam buffs and black golds did not make the cut- so they were parted with.

On the positive side- When you move, you can redesign the pen layout and try new ideas that you were just too lazy to try before. LOL

So, was Michael's address correct? Is that where the awards are to be sent?  We are taking lots of birds to the post office tomorrow so it is a great time to take the award box in as well.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 09:57:22 PM »
Is this the address that the cash prizes should be mail to?

Ameraucana Breeders Club
Michael Muenks
33878 Hwy 87
California MO 65018-3911

Yes, that is Michael's address.

Beth C

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »
So sorry to hear this, Patty...

dixieland

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 12:38:10 AM »
Sending lots of prayers for your family...

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 08:41:20 AM »
Michael and his family are vacationing in Wisconsin right now - I'm putting this out there in case anyone expects an immediate response from him to their messages.   Michael's birds took BB and RB Ameraucana bantams at our inaugural Coulee Region Poultry Club show Saturday, June 2nd, on blue wheaten and wheaten hens, respectively.  Jeff Halbach, president of the American Bantam Association, judged.   We are "babysitting" their birds while they are tent camping not too far away.  The Blehm's were here too, but did not show and arrived back at their home late Sunday evening.    We had a great party at our house Saturday evening after the show!  Before dinner we did a pasture walk to find and eartag a new red deer fawn.   They can be hard to find in the tall grass, but more walkers (than just Mary and me) make it easier.   Michael has come through some tough times healthwise this year but appears to be doing much better now.  He and John do an awful lot for this club through various adversities.  I hope we can all appreciate what these guys mean to the ABC.

dixieland

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 01:21:30 PM »
I have my eye on a couple of pullets and cockerels from my winter and spring hatches.... They have all been handled a lot and have spent some time in the show cages as well... I hope that they continue to develop well so that we will have a nice entry from our farm!
Its a bit over 4 months until we all get together in Sedalia!!!! Cant wait!