Author Topic: Club shirts / vinyl decals  (Read 6574 times)

Cloverleaf Farm

Club shirts / vinyl decals
« on: February 16, 2012, 01:04:59 PM »
I was just chatting with another ABC member (doesn\'t post here often, so I said I\'d post for her) that said she could make club shirts and decals.  She has an etsy store and makes these things already, she just needs the graphic.  
Vinyl decals would be $5 and t-shirts would be $18.

She just needs a good quality file of the club graphic....

NoseyChickens

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 01:10:02 PM »
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FeathersOnTheGround?ref=si_shop

Here\'s my store. I should be able to work with the logo. I\'d be willing to give a percentage back to the club.

dixieland

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 08:04:53 PM »
Personally speaking, I would love to have an ABC tee shirt... What color and sizes are available?
Could you do polo shirts and sweatshirts if there was a call for them?
And most importantly, can you produce them as ordered or would we need a large order to get started??

John

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »
I believe as long as you are an ABC member you may us the club logo.  Email Michael to request it.

NoseyChickens

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:26:03 PM »
I can produce them as ordered. Pretty much any color is available, I would just have to order it. I can do t-shirts and sweat shirt. I havent done polos yet, but I could practice on them and give it a try. :)

Russ

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 01:47:43 PM »
 Awesome idea I would be interested in T-Shirts and hooded sweatshirt also, when you figure price on them. Size would be large actually more like extra large on the sweat shirt ( Holidays have been hard on me lol ) if that is needed to get a price figured. Should we or would there be a link on here to order/pay in advance???? Just a thought I had.

Tailfeathers

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 11:20:41 PM »
Jean, how about the Club buy a bunch of them and then sell them at the shows?  

I bet you could sell a half dozen or more at the Cascade show next month.

Btw, you are coming aren\'t you?

God Bless,

John

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 08:49:43 AM »
how about the Club buy a bunch of them and then sell them at the shows?

Just from my experience with items like this over the years it is best if members sell them.
Club patches are generic enough that the club will hopefully eventually sell the ones it has, but with shirts, hats/caps, etc. I haven\'t seen it work out as a money maker for the club.
Just my 2 cents worth,

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 10:46:02 AM »
In the past, John and I have each had t-shirts made up with the club logo.   They did not sell very well.   John ended up buying mine out and giving many away as show awards.   Our new local poultry club is looking into having show aprons made up with our logo.   The logo will be on the bib, there will be two pockets, and it will take the place of a show coat for cooping in chickens.  It should also be useful for publicizing our club at other shows.  There will be a bulk order for those members who prepay.     For anyone who may be interested in what it looks like, our logo is shown below

dixieland

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 10:11:53 AM »
I do agree with John and Mike about the drawbacks of a large order. I have seen club t shirts dry rot from being toyed around so long in other clubs, but I do think that if we could have them produced as ordered on demand. Then the club is not out any money..

Cloverleaf Farm

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 05:43:17 PM »
Quote from: dixieland
I do agree with John and Mike about the drawbacks of a large order. I have seen club t shirts dry rot from being toyed around so long in other clubs, but I do think that if we could have them produced as ordered on demand. Then the club is not out any money..

Which is the upside of having a club member being the one that\'s producing them...  ;)

dixieland

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 07:55:33 PM »
Quote from: Cloverleaf Farm
Quote from: dixieland

Which is the upside of having a club member being the one that\'s producing them...  ;)

That\'s exactly right!!!! Plus, I believe in supporting your own whenever possible.....As of this weekend, every breeding pen has it\'s own Fowl Stuff nesting box.. Everyone from the Silliest up to the big Cochin girls love \'em\'

Tailfeathers

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 11:19:28 PM »
I agree with y\'all too.  Wasn\'t meaning suggest that the Club buy such a large quantity that they might sit around in a box and collect dust but rather enough that a half dozen or so could be taken to each show.  

I\'m not sure how many breeders we have in WA now but I was thinking I\'d sure buy one if it were there on the 17th.

But now I just had a thought, what about the size?  That would be a problem.  How many small, large, X-Lg to bring?  Oh well, it was a thought.  Not unlike most of mine.   :p

God Bless,

Beth C

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 11:16:10 AM »
Maybe you could have a shirt there as a demo and Tricia\'s information for anyone interested in placing an order? It would be a plug for her as well, since someone may want her to do other work after once they see what she does.

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »
Not sure what costs might be involved in shipping special orders to size or the cost to setup individual runs for shirts and similar items.  Maybe Tricia can fill in some of the numbers for these variables.  In looking at the picture of folks at the National, caps might be a good option if there were a couple of colors that most liked.  Tricia, can you do embroidered logos or just silk screen images?  At least the size would not be an issue for adult caps.  The investment/quantity wise would not have to be so great and people could pick them up at the shows or order ready made.  The logo decals would be an easy option since they could be printed in small numbers and they could probably be mailed in a normal letter envelope.    
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9