Author Topic: Spring Bulletin  (Read 3443 times)

bantamhill

Spring Bulletin
« on: March 03, 2012, 05:47:39 PM »
The 2012 Spring Ameraucana Bulletin should be arriving in the next few days if it has not already arrived.

Michael

Mike Gilbert

Spring Bulletin
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 06:33:01 PM »
Michael, I received mine electronically today.   Nice job as usual.   I was disappointed to learn Sedalia will be a one day, double judged show as it will be very rushed.    I would like to set the record straight on one bulletin statement that was a little misleading I think.    Blue should not be considered as a solid color as it is a parti-color variety.    There is  \"self blue\" which can be regarded as a solid color, but then there is our Ameraucana blue according the the APA and ABA standards.  It consists of a gray groundcolor, but then there is dark lacing on the feathers.   Proper blue coloring has different genetics than self blue.   Lavender is also a solid color, of course, and it is not the same as self blue or blue.  I was delighted to read in Jean\'s report that the APA leaders have no apparent problem with our use of the term lavender.  The ABA is a different story, and perhaps we should bypass them altogether.  In the meantime, why are we not planning qualifying meets and the application process for splash (not splash wheaten)?

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Spring Bulletin
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 06:58:09 PM »
Working on that.....

Michael and I have to get together to go over details and all decisions must go through proper channels.

Jean

John

Spring Bulletin
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 07:10:00 PM »
Sure it was another great Bulletin, but that\'s what I expected! ;)
Thanks also to Jes for contributing.  Put that girl to work.

dixieland

Spring Bulletin
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 12:02:42 AM »
I love helping out!!!! We have another great interview for the next edition!!!

OldChurchEggery

Spring Bulletin
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 10:39:35 AM »
I really enjoyed the interview section in this season\'s bulletin! The idea of profiling a breeder is a great one. It made for such a good read. Thank you, Jes!

far149

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Spring Bulletin
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 08:32:34 PM »
Great job...again! With the electronic version it\'s easy to save for future reference.
Aaron
Rhoton Hill Farms