The Official Forum of the Ameraucana Breeders Club > Breeding

Laced Blue Ameraucana

<< < (2/36) > >>

bryngyld:
I\'m confused.  (I have a coffee cup that says that because someone gave it to me.  huh)

Aren\'t the blue Ameraucana supposed to be laced?

HappyMtn:

--- Quote from: bryngyld ---I\'m confused.  (I have a coffee cup that says that because someone gave it to me.  huh)

--- End quote ---

Yeah- blue are already laced- that\'s why I asked.

OldChurchEggery:

--- Quote from: bryngyld ---I\'m confused.  (I have a coffee cup that says that because someone gave it to me.  huh)

--- End quote ---

That\'s what I thought, too. I was under the impression the blues were already supposed to have the darker lacing around the edges of the feathers.

Christie Rhae:
Oh! Lol sorry, I\'m a little slow...

Yes blue ameraucana are supposed to be laced but they really are not laced. Mostly what there is on them is edging, not lacing or the pattern genes that blue andalusians have.  Not trying to come up with anything new just improve what\'s already there.... Well maybe saying \"improve\" is too ambitious for me to say.  I just want to work on it because it fascinates me. :)

Mike Gilbert:
Christie is correct.   Look at the Blue Andalusians pictured on Feathersite, and you will realize all we have in LF Ameraucanas is edging, not lacing.   When you need something from a genetic standpoint, you go to the source.
She is on the right track using Blue Andalusian blood - hope she gets some well - laced ones from those hatching eggs.  I did the same thing with bantams a number of years ago, only I used a laced Sumatra bantam pullet.   If you saw Jerry DeSmidt\'s winning bantam cockerel and my bantam hen at the last national meet you will realize the progress made.  Jerry\'s bird is descended from one of mine.  They are still not as good as Andalusions, and if I had to do it over again I would go that route instead of Sumatra.  Single combs and white lobes are not that difficult to breed out of a strain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version