Author Topic: Special ABC Meet June 2nd  (Read 2659 times)

Mike Gilbert

Special ABC Meet June 2nd
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »
Those of you who requested a show catalog for the Coulee Region Poultry Club show on June 2nd should have received one by now.   If you didn\'t get yours, or forgot to ask but now would like to come, let me know a.s.a.p.   I can send you all the information and an entry form via email.   Entries are due by May 12th.   This show is only about 13 miles from our place, and yours truly is the show secretary.   We are looking forward to seeing John, Michael, Bob Rennolet, Bob Walchak, and other ABC members.   Member Jim Fegan will be assigned to judge the Ameraucana large fowl, and perhaps the bantams as well.  It should be fun!

bantamhill

Special ABC Meet June 2nd
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:55:02 AM »
The electronic version of the show catalog is posted with the meet information on the ABC website.

The Muenks\' are looking forward to the trip and show.

Michael

John

Re: Special ABC Meet June 2nd
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 06:12:35 PM »
1,000+ entries for a new show is great!  Plus it is a spring show and most exhibitors prefer fall shows.  From my experience exhibiting and putting on a show, between 1,000 and 1,500 birds is ideal.  Some shows push for big numbers, but give me a well organized 1,000 bird show any day. ;)   

John

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 09:54:49 AM »
It was a great show with fantastic weather.  Mike posted Michael's wins on another topic.  Congratulations to Michael and all the other winners.  He is a real family man with a great family.  This club is very fortunate to have him donate some of his time as secretary/treasurer.
Also congratulations to Mike as show superintendent on a job well done.  There were many compliments.
I enjoyed visiting with many old friends and several new ones at the show.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 10:26:04 AM »
Forgot to mention in my other post that we did have an Ameraucana on Champion Row.  Nate Rynish's Black Ameraucana hen was Reserve AOSB in a class of 27.   Nate is a teenage exhibitor from Hortonville, Wisconsin.  There had been 16 large fowl Ameraucanas entered and 34 Ameraucana bantams.   A few did not show up, but 50 entries is still not too bad for a spring show.   The rest of the Ameraucana results will be in our Newsletter.