Author Topic: Buckeye Fancy Feather Club - June 9, 2012  (Read 6669 times)

bantamhill

Buckeye Fancy Feather Club - June 9, 2012
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:45:15 PM »
If anyone is interested in requesting a meet at th Buckeye Fancy Feather Club Show on June 9, 2012, please contact Harold Knapp. The show is at the Canfield Fairgrounds in Canfield, OH.

Thanks!

Michael

DaydreamsFarm

Re: Buckeye Fancy Feather Club - June 9, 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 10:01:13 PM »
I am showing my ignorance here but am really wanting to know.  What is the purpose of a making a meet request?  I am really new to the show aspect.  Is it just for points?

bantamhill

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »
If the ABC places a meet at a show, then the Club provides awards for the Ameraucana and the point system kicks in.

Michael

DaydreamsFarm

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »
Thanks for the response.  None of my family were show people, and sometimes you just have to ask the seeminly stupid question to find the answer! :)

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 09:18:41 PM »
If the ABC places a meet at a show, then the Club provides awards for the Ameraucana and the point system kicks in.

We have a point system???  When was that put in place?

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 12:11:41 AM »
Mike,

That started the first of the year.  Patty is the points keeper.
Jean

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 09:00:14 AM »
I guess I need to read the newsletter a little better.  I didn't know a thing about it.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »
I checked the March Newsletter.   Nothing.   Where has the points system been explained?  What's the point in havng one if people don't know about it??

John

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 05:18:54 PM »
Here is a link to the tread where it was discussed, but I don't remember seeing any updates on the subject.

http://ameraucana.org/forum/index.php?topic=1495.0

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »
Mike, please forgive me as I mis-stated that.  I thought we had put it in the news letter but after checking with Michael found that we did not.

We briefly discussed it at our National Meeting and it was described in detail in the Fall bulletin.  It was voted on an approved by the Directors in November to begin calculating points after December 31, 2011.

Again I apologize as I thought this issue was addressed when obviously it had not been.

So:

Points will be awarded to current members based on the placings Michael receives on the meet reports.  (Points will only be tallied from ABC Meets) The points keeper is Patty Pickard; the point structure is outlined in the Fall 2011 bulletin.
Jean

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 10:31:09 PM »
We briefly discussed it at our National Meeting and it was described in detail in the Fall bulletin. 

Here is a quote from the Fall Newsletter, Page 8:  "The proposal below is meant as an illustration of a possible Exhibitor Point System and in no way should be construed as a final system."

So what exactly IS the system that was apparently voted upon by the directors and passed???

Tailfeathers

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 10:57:54 PM »
Lurking in the background on this thread with great anticipation to see what the final outcome is!!   8)

God Bless,

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 01:23:33 AM »
The following is the final draft as presented at the National Meet in the Club Agenda.  When we voted, we did end up using this draft as our final system.  It was voted to start point keeping as of the first of this year (2012) and I have used the strike through key to indicate that change in the wording below.

Draft Ameraucana Breeders Club Exhibitor Point System

Supreme Grand Master Exhibitor: 10,000 points earned for all varieties added together.

Grand Master Exhibitor: 5,000 points earned for all varieties added together.

Master Exhibitor: 800 points earned for all varieties added together.

Junior Master Exhibitor: 100 points earned in all varieties added together before the youth’s 18th birthday. These points are only collected on Ameraucanas exhibited by Juniors competing against other Juniors (NOT Open Show competition).

Calculation of points

Members must be in good standing to accumulate points. If a membership is lapsed then the points will be forfeited. Points will be recorded per variety. The varieties will be those which have been admitted into the APA or the ABA. When new varieties are accepted into the Standard, they will then be added to the recorded information. If a variety is not listed in the Standards, then points will be recorded under All Other Variety (AOV). It has been proposed to make this program retrospective in that it would go back to include the points earned by members within the last 2 year time frame.

BV point calculation will be 1 point for every Ameraucana exhibited within that variety.
RV point calculation will be 1 point for every Ameraucana exhibited within that variety less one.
BB point calculation will be 1 point for every Ameraucana exhibited.
RB point calculation will be 1 point for every Ameraucana exhibited less one.

Example of Calculation:

Iowa City, IA Meet Report November 24-25, 2007
Bantam:

Black- 2 shown
BB John Blehm (18 points earned because this bird beat all of the Ameraucana bantams.  This bird does not earn BV and BB points, just the higher BB points.)
RV John Blehm (1 point earned)
Blue- 3 shown
BV Mike Gilbert (3 points earned)
RV Alnice Nichols (2 points earned)
Blue Wheaten – 2 shown
BV Michael Muenks (2 points earned)
RV Mike Gilbert (1 point earned)
Brown Red- 2 shown
BV Mike Gilbert (2 points earned)
RV Mike Gilbert (1 point earned)
Buff -3 shown
RB John Blehm (17 points earned because this bird beat all but one bird. This bird does not
earn BV and RB points, just the higher RB points)
RV Mike Gilbert (2 points earned)
White- 4 shown
BV Alnice Nichols (4 points earned)
RV Alnice Nichols (3 points earned)
AOV -1 shown
BV Paul & Angela Smith- (1 point earned)

The large fowl Ameraucana report would follow the same pattern of calculation.

This plan does not recommend awarding points for AOSB or AOCCL. Points for AOSB and or AOCCL become a big hassle and we are really only concerned about our breed, not the other breeds that are exhibited at the show.
Jean

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 08:36:37 AM »
So then there is nothing specific with regard to one certain variety, correct?   No one earns a "master exhibitor" designation for blue large fowl (for example)?    So for those who are chasing points, the shotgun approach is the way to go?    And you can enter 40 birds of one variety so as to earn more points by beating your own birds, correct?    For those of you who think this does not happen, we had an exhibitor enter 20 Partridge Wyandotte cock birds, plus about 15 more of the same variety at our recent Coulee Region Poultry Club show.  He got lots of points from the Wyandotte club.   Meaningless points IMO, as he had very little competition.   He DID, however, take best RCCL with one of the cock birds, which was a meaningful win, but that would not get him any points under our system.   I gotta be honest with ya, I don't think much of it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:58:06 AM by Mike Gilbert »

DaydreamsFarm

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 09:38:38 PM »
Ok, so I've gone to the show and I placed BV, how do I report this, do I need something special from the show, who would you report wins to? Inquiring minds still need more information!