Author Topic: Nebraska State Poultry Show  (Read 3929 times)

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Nebraska State Poultry Show
« on: July 21, 2012, 10:57:01 PM »
I just received a email from Jerry De Smidt that he has approved a ABC meet for the Nebraska State Poultry Show. Show will be at the Landcaster Event Center in Lincoln, Nebraska. Show dates are Nov 2 - Check in 5-10 pm. Nov 3 - Check in 7-9 am, Judging 9 am. Nov 4 - Coop out after awards Sunday morning. Contact Show Secretary Vicki Gilliam 13301 Raymond Rd, Waverly Ne 68462 or email her at gilavina@hotmail.com . Printed entry forms should be available after Labor Day or possibly online. Check with Vicki. I will guarantee the weather will be much cooler by show time. Between Racoons and the heat, it has been a rough summer on the birds! Hope to see you at the show!!!!!!
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska State Poultry Show
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »
Catalogs are ready for the Nebraska State Poultry Show Nov 3-4 in Lincoln, Ne. You can request yours from Vicki Gilliam shown on original posting. I know she will be out of town this weekend, but back home next week.  Or else catalogs and entry forms may be downloaded from the website nestatepoultryshow.com . In addition to Cash awards there are extra cash awards for Ameraucana.  $30 BB LF Open Class Ameraucana, $30 BB Bantam Open Class Ameraucana, $30 BB LF Junior Class Ameraucana, and $30 BB Bantam Junior Class Ameraucana. Junior Class birds are automatically entered in the open show at no additional charge, Therefore if a Junior entry would win in the Junior Class and Open Show in either LF or Bantam, they could win $60 for one entry fee. (not bad, come on juniors-give it a try).

Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 02:08:33 PM »
Just a reminder. Entries for the Nebraska State Poultry Show need to be postmarked by this Wednesday October 24th. We hope to see you there!
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »
Show results from the Nebraska State Poultry Show, there were 16 LF and only 1 Bantam shown by 3 exhibitors. LF 4 Blacks, 9 Blues, 2 Wheatens and 1 Splash. 1 Black Bantam. Thank you to Paul and Angela Smith for the day old chick I purchased from them. She is a Wheaten pullet and was BB. RB was a Blue cockerell I raised. This was an increase of numbers for Ameraucana from last years show and hopefully next years show will incease some more!
Gordon Gilliam

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 09:14:53 AM »
Congratulations!  It was great to meet you at the national.  Thanks for posting the results from the show.
Paul Smith