Author Topic: Lucasville, OH - Oct 6 - 7, 2012  (Read 8180 times)

John

Re: Lucasville, OH - Oct 6 - 7, 2012
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 04:35:20 PM »
didn't David also take Reserve AOSB in the junior show with a black?  I think it was a cockerel, right?
Yes, but it was a pullet.
A descendant of your birds took BB large Ameraucana in the open show, a Buff cock or cockerel.
It was a cock by Will Kitch.  He was part of an order of chicks from me a couple/few years ago.  Will has done very well breeding them and I bought a young pair from him to bring back and add to my flock.  As I understand it he took top honors in showmanship competition! :) 
The Champion LF of the Junior show was a black Ameraucana cockerel by Kara Miller and he was hatched by Will.  That cockerel had a great pea comb and may have given the birds in the open show a run for their money if he were entered there (yes, I wanted to take that bird back to Michigan also).
I ran into John, Russell (Blair), and Tom (Kernan)

Since I'm not a breed or show club officer I had time to really enjoy the show without having club duties to attend to.  This was the first time I met Sharon (I think) and had time to talk to her and many others.  Larry Clionsky was there and had Ameraucanas entered, but I didn't get to talk to him much. 

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 07:48:41 PM »

This was the first time I met Sharon (I think) and had time to talk to her and many others.  Larry Clionsky was there and had Ameraucanas entered, but I didn't get to talk to him much.

Yes, this was the first time I have had the chance to meet and talk with you. My son and I spotted you out in Indianapolis last fall, but that was a hectic time. I DID get a chance to meet and talk with Larry Clionsky this past weekend. He was fighting a nasty bug. I hope he's feeling better. 
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Kitsch6

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
    • Www.frozenacrefarm.com
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »
We're not very active on this forum (due to time!  I'd get sucked in indefinately... ;)  But want to say that Lucasville was a very fun show.  Big enough to meet lots of folks and talk, but not too big to do the same!  It was our first time there but likely not the last.  And just need to mention how much we appreciate the many good folks in this fancy; our son Will has learned and benefitted from so many and got such a great start with nice birds from Larry Clionsky, John Blehm, Paul Smith, and Tom Kernan, along with others in his two other breeds.  He just yesterday took his Science teacher to task on the size of a mycoplasma; something he'd not likely have learned if it weren't for Showmanship...so we hope and plan to be able to continue the good breeding practices, work ethic, and camaraderie that have been given us.  We are not, unfortunately, able to attend the National this year, but good luck to all that are!
Christine (and Will) Kitsch
Frozen Acre Farm
Christine Kitsch
Frozen Acre Farm