Author Topic: Fall Fowl Fest???  (Read 3614 times)

Russ

Fall Fowl Fest???
« on: September 02, 2012, 02:37:52 PM »
I was just wondering who might be attending. Also I have been looking and watching the web sight but there still is not much information on there. Seem's like last year there was a downloadable form you could print off and then send in. It is now September and seem's like the entries should be being sent in by now. The July Michigan Poultry Fanciers news letter just say's entry deadline is Noon Saturday October 6th. But I am new to the showing world so maybe this is the norm. Thanks and have a Great Day,  Russ

John

Re: Fall Fowl Fest???
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:45:12 PM »
The show is in the Birch Run Expo Center just across from the huge Premium Outlet Mall, at the I-75 exit #136.  It's only 4 hours north of Columbus and 7 miles from my house, so I'll be there.  I don't plan to show much, but do plan to visit with friends and enjoy the weekend.   
Matt Boensch is the guy that puts out the show catalog and updates the Fowl Fest site.  Being a working man with a young family the hobby takes a backseat.  I used to do most of that stuff for the club, but retired a couple years ago.  I did update the entry form, for Matt, a week ago and know that he is putting the show catalog together and I assume he'll have the site updated soon.

Make your plans now to attend the 2012 Fall Fowl Fest October 13-14, 2012, in Birch Run, Michigan. 

We will be hosting the National meets of the National Call Duck Breeders Association and the Polish Breeders Club.

Judges:  Rick Hare (NY), Steve Jones (TX), Don Karasek (WI)

Russ

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 07:13:15 PM »
Thank's John I figured you would know that's why I posted here first  ;)

John

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »
Thanks Russ...it gave me an opportunity to talk up the show a bit.
The Fowl Fest site is updated with a printable show catalog .

Russ

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 08:54:41 PM »
Got a post card today from MPF informing of the update on the web sight for Fall Fowl Fest. What did you do John rattle some cages lol. Oh yea I also see they are giving a 1yr membership to MPF for the entry with the shortest drive to the show. Is that why you might not be showing much to give someone else a chance to win  8)

John

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 11:17:01 PM »
they are giving a 1yr membership to MPF for the entry with the shortest drive to the show.
You know...here really is a chance that I could be a winner! ;D

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 07:38:22 AM »
John, I think Kathy would say you are already a winner - I know she would say that.

John

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 08:51:36 PM »
We'll coop out in the morning and it wasn't an ABC meet, but I did write down the results...

There were 18 Ameraucana bantams enter by 5 exhibitors.  6 birds were "out" (no shows).  Judged by Terry Britt.
BV white C by Aylissa Latham (2 whites shown)
RV white P by Aylissa
BV silver P by John W Blehm (2 silver shown)
RV silver K by John
BV lavender P by John (was marked BB before I mentioned it wasn't a recognized variety) (6 lavenders shown by 3 exhibitors)
RV lavender K by John
BB buff P by John (2 buffs shown)
RB buff K by John

There were 11 LF entered and shown by 5 exhibitors.  They were judged by Steve Jones.
Reserve AOSB black P by David Blehm (4 blacks shown)
RV black H by Aylissa
BV buff P by David
BV lavender P by Amanda Hagyard
Champion AOSB wheaten P by Amanda (4 wheatens shown w/1 DQ for color)
RV wheaten P by David
BV white P by Aylissa

It was a great show with over 1,600 birds entered, 6' wide aisles and all single stacked.  Saw and spoke with many friends.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 06:21:08 AM »
Sounds like a great show!   Sorry we could not make it this year.  Congrats to the Blehms for some fine wins.