Author Topic: Sedalia  (Read 16096 times)

Mike Gilbert

Sedalia
« on: September 06, 2012, 07:12:39 AM »
Has anyone heard when the show catalog will be out, and what the entry deadline is?    Do we need to contact the show secretary for a catalog, or will they be sent automatically?

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Sedalia
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 08:05:00 AM »
They are available now.
Contact Bernita Miller bmiller@iland.net  660-647-2474 for one.
The entries need to be postmarked by Oct. 12, 2012.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Paul Smith

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 05:50:02 PM »
I received my show catalog today.   I see it is a "double" show.   :( Is the Ameraucana National in the first go-round?   On the page for meets, we got two words, "AMERACUANA (sic) NATIONAL."   There are four judges listed:  Art Reiber, Diana Dahir, Dwayne Ballard, and Larry Denny.   Does anyone know who will be the Ameraucana judge?   Or is it two nationals with two judges?  I really hope not. as our club constitution and bylaws allow for only one per year.    It looks like the birds have to be left in the cages  which means they would be judged twice?   For anyone planning to drive in that morning, judging starts at 8 a.m.    I assume the $3.50 per bird entry fee covers both times they are judged?   Eight Sedalia motels are listed.   Where is everyone staying?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:22:21 PM by Mike Gilbert »

John

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 07:39:54 PM »
It is listed as "meet 1" on our site's ABC Meets page, so I would say that is the same as the 1st show which makes sense for a National Meet.
http://ameraucana.org/ABC%20Meets.html
October 27, 2012
National Meet, placed by Paul Smith
Missouri State Poultry Association Fall Double Show, Meet 1
Sedalia, MO
Bernita Miller, bmiller@iland.net
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:42:12 PM by John »

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »
The first judging is our Ameraucana national-the second judging is the Missouri State meet.

It is one show with one entry fee ($3.50) with two judgings.

Great Falls Montana, our 2007 national, also had two judgings, so Sedalia, Missouri isn't our only national which does this.  The outcome of a double judged show proves what I have said about a show for a long time-"It's one persons opinion."

Michael Muenks blocked 20 rooms for the ABC at the Best Western several months ago.
Check out page 5 & 6 of the Summer issue of the Ameraucana Bulletin.
I'll have Angela book our room very soon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
  Now that I have more time to write, I'll address the judge question.  In the past, the Missouri State double judged show has had one judge placing the bantams, while another judge places the large fowl.  Later in the day, after both judges are finished with their classes, they swap positions and place the other classes.

To keep our National Meet, and Missouri State meet on a more equal basis, I'm betting that Bernita Miller and the MSPA will let us have our choice of the four judges to judge each complete (both bantams and large fowl) in one judging.  Most likely Larry Denny will be judging the jr. show.  If so, that leaves three-Art Reiber, Diana Dahir and Dwayne Ballard.

In 2005, the MSPA specially arranged the show room so the Ameraucana LF were on one side of the main aisle and the Ameraucana bantams were on the other side.  If I remember correctly Ameraucanas made up over one-fifth of the entire show!  Lets do it again!  Please bring some!  Entries must be post marked by Oct. 12, 2012.

Paul Smith

dixieland

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 05:33:50 PM »
Thanks for the updates, I sure do miss having time to spend on here!!!!! Working outside of the house 55 hours a week has put a big cramp in my forum time... We cant wait to see everyone in Sedalis..
Also, I booked a block of rooms at the Best Western for us back in the spring also....
Ttys,
Jes

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 09:16:59 AM »
Jes,

Sorry, I thought Michael Muenks blocked the rooms.

Thank you.
Paul Smith

Schroeder

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »
I reserved a room for Friday night.  Any idea when we might finish up on Saturday?

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 05:33:07 AM »
Duane, I expect the club will get together Saturday night since it is a one day show.   We booked Friday and Saturday night, will leave Sunday morning.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 09:42:02 AM »
Plans for the National

Michael and Anastasia Muenks will be hosting an ABC get together Friday evening at their home.

Saturday evening the ABC will meet at the Golden Corral for an awards presentation.

Paul Smith

ParadiseFoundFarm

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 11:05:39 AM »
Because of the Muenks's family emergency, if they still wished to host this ( which I doubt), I would think that we could all chip in to bring everything to them and clean up afterwards so they don't have any more stress or work at home. 
I just can't see , myself in their shoes here, hosting ANYTHING under those circumstances.
Denise Baker
Paradise Found Farm
        Joliet, IL

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 09:42:36 PM »
Just a reminder that entries need to be post marked by this Friday, Oct. 12.

Yes, I realize the Muenks Family is on overload.  I have not spoken with Michael about the Friday evening get together since the accident.  If they want to host the party, ABC members could bring the items to their home, if not we could possibly meet at a room in the hotel.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:10:28 PM by paul »
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 09:45:37 AM »
If anyone still needs a show catalog, Angela can e-mail one to them!  Entries need to be postmarked by Friday, Oct. 12!  Let's have another great turn out for this show!  The national meet there in 2005, had 1 Ameraucana out of each 6 head exhibited!  Our magnificent breed stirred a lot of attention!  Let's do it again!

Thanks for your support.
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 09:56:55 AM »
Today is the day for entries to be postmarked for the National Meet in Sedalia, Missouri.
Paul Smith