Author Topic: Blue Wheaten Bantams  (Read 2879 times)

Mike Gilbert

Blue Wheaten Bantams
« on: November 13, 2012, 01:56:14 PM »
I was a little bit taken aback at our recent national meet in Sedalia, MO, to see that no blue wheaten bantams were exhibited.  In fact, only two wheaten bantams were shown.   The one wheaten pullet did take reserve of breed.   Most of you know I dispersed my wheaten and blue wheaten bantams over the course of the summer and fall, but now I'm hoping the blue wheatens are not going the way of the dodo bird - going extinct.      I would like to take a brief survey to find out who, if anyone, still has them.   Please respond to this thread if you have blue wheaten bantams, or even know someone who does.  And if you have any to share, sell, or spread around, please let us know that too.   Thanks.

bantamhill

Re: Blue Wheaten Bantams
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 08:01:07 PM »
Mike:

I have a trio of wheaten/blue wheaten. The blue wheaten I have is a hen.

Michael

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 08:34:16 PM »
Take good care of her Michael, and try to raise a bunch more.   This variety is definitely on the decline.  The regular wheatens are still available as chicks through Duane Urch, but the blue wheatens have become difficult to find.

Tailfeathers

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 12:18:47 AM »
If memory serves me right, I didn't see any BW Bantams at the show this past Saturday either.  There was a half dozen or so Wheatens - a couple of really nice ones too - but don't recall seeing any BW's.  I believe I had the only BW's there and I only have LF.

God Bless,