Author Topic: Exhibitor Points  (Read 3442 times)

bantamhill

Exhibitor Points
« on: December 08, 2012, 07:52:06 PM »
The new Exhibitor Points page is located at http://ameraucana.org/Exhibitor%20Point%20System.html. The points will be updated soon to reflect the latest meet reports. Thanks to Patty for taking the lead on the Exhibitor Points. My next task is getting ribbons out!

Michael

dak

Re: Exhibitor Points
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:40:13 PM »
Excuse my ignorance, but are points available only at official meets or at any APA/ABA show?

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 12:07:56 AM »
club meets
Jean

dak

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 03:22:24 PM »

Tailfeathers

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 10:44:23 PM »
That's great news Michael!  Personally, I'm not a big "points collector" but I do like the idea of folks getting "rewarded" for exhibiting their birds. 

For one thing, there are rarely that many Ameraucanas at the shows I've attended and I'd like to see more.  Especially the WBS variety!  For another, if Steve Waters shows up his one White Araucana that he's shown for like forever - which he ALWAYS does  :'( , I have NO chance of ever winning AOSB and my guess is that nobody else will either.

And then the shows I tend to go to are usually to small for me even to make the APA Book.  I thought I'd finally make the book last month at the show where I took Champion and Reserve Continental but fell 10 birds short!  Ugh!   :(   I'll never make it to Master Breeder or Exhibitor because I just got started in the game too late but I would like to see my name in the book.  Just so I can show my kids some day that I actually did breed some decent birds.  I hope that doesn't sound too prideful.

I better shut up now.  Anyways, I'm really glad to see the Club made the effort to recognize all those who are willing to put the time and effort in to get our great breed more exposure!

P.S.  Ah nuts, hit post and then remembered (why does it always work like that???   ::) ), I wanted to ask, who is responsible for turning in the results for the shows?  The District secretary?  Do I/we need to do anything so that the appropriate person(s) get notified?

God Bless,

Royce
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:46:45 PM by Tailfeathers »

bantamhill

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 09:12:15 AM »
Technically, the show club's secretary is responsible for the meet report. It is now more important than ever for the District Directors to make sure that the show clubs understand the need for turning in an official meet report to the secretary/treasurer of the ABC. There are several shows that are reluctant to turn in a meet report. There expectation is that the club members will take care of it. My issue with Club members turning in meet reports is that I have been put in the place where I had multiple conflicting meet reports turned in by members. Ouch! The show club had to finally sort it all out. If they would have submitted the report as intially requested there would not have been a problem. Anyway, I will get off my soap box now.

I do not care if they use our form for reporting, I just need the information.

Michael

bantamhill

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 10:26:20 AM »
The most current version of the 2012 Exhibitor Points has been posted. It is not final. I have two more sets of results to share in the spring bulletin and there are a few missing show reports to attempt to shake loose from show club secretaries.

Enjoy! I am feeling a bit competitive after reviewing the results. ;)

Michael