Author Topic: Medina County Fair 2013  (Read 2409 times)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
Medina County Fair 2013
« on: August 03, 2013, 09:54:56 AM »
Our fair is currently going on right now and the poultry classes were judged this past Thursday. I would like to congratulate Abby Besida on her 1st place win in the cockerel class with a blue cockerel "Gizmo" her parents purchased from me this past May. Gizmo then went on to place Reserve of Show when they brought back the winners of all four classes. I would also like to congratulate Joy Kindall on her 2nd place win in the cockerel class with, "Blitz" a black cockerel they had also purchased from me earlier this year. It was great to see that the only two Ameraucanas in that class were picked above all of the other breeds.

It's like watching my own kids competing. Sniff, sniff... they made their momma proud!  :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 02:54:55 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Mike Gilbert

Re: Medina County Fair 2013
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 11:20:03 AM »
  Great looking cockerel!   Who judged?    He/she must know what to look for in this breed.  He has a proper slope to his back, great comb shape from the side view, looks like a well rounded chest,  good color for a blue too.   His tail could be held a little higher, but that may have been just the pose.  Congrats on hatching a winner.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:25:03 AM by Mike Gilbert »

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
Re: Medina County Fair 2013
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 07:18:39 PM »
Thanks, Mike. Gizmo is a pretty nice bird. The tail angle does need a little improvement and is something I'm working on. Daddy has great tail, great body shape, and great color, but is small in overall size with not so good comb. Momma has great size, great feather quality, great personality and comb, but low tails in quite a few offspring. I'm still mixing this and that together and adding things into my recipe. I'm pretty happy with what's been coming out of the oven, but I'm not to, "SaWeeet!!!" just yet. 

The judge for the cockerels at the fair this year was Bryan Crapo. I don't know much about him other than he was good with the kids and explained a lot of things to them, and that he was a former Medina County Fair judge back several years ago. The past two years have been mid 90s all week and miserable. This year the weather has been in the mid 70s all week. I kind of wish we would have taken birds this year. At least I got to see some of my birds show anyway. Maybe next year. 

Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)