Author Topic: Project Color: Mottled Ameraucana  (Read 10493 times)

Dirty Ankle Acres

Project Color: Mottled Ameraucana
« on: September 01, 2013, 04:00:52 PM »
just wondering if their is anyone else out there doing this project. would love to hear and share who it going, exchange advice....we had some really nice 3 generation pullets but lost them to predator so now we are starting over and on our 2 generation now

John

Re: Project Color: Mottled Ameraucana
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 05:04:42 PM »
Go back to the forum's Home page and do a search for "mottled".  You'll find some topics that'll provide you with some reading information, while you wait for replies.

Dirty Ankle Acres

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 05:14:34 PM »
Thanks John, i'm still learning my way around but was able to find Jerry Segler was doing same project and i emailed him

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 08:02:52 PM »
You can also check on the Breeders Directory. Joe Woodiel from Missouri was also working on mottles...last I heard.
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

dak

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 01:18:57 AM »
I believe Rose Konold is rebuilding her flock with the help of Mr. Woodiel.  I have a few birds from him as does a friend of mine.  I sent her Mottled Split eggs this spring.

Clare

jerryse

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 11:06:52 AM »
I am not doing mottled but I am interested in the progress being made.They share leg color issues with one of my projects.I will be answering dirty ankle acres email today.I have been gone and got back last night.Still catching up.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 11:39:15 AM »
I bought a few young birds from a person with out seeing them first and i was wondering if this is a mottled rooster? http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Dewayne069/media/Picture8613_zpsf1a943db.jpg.html                                                                                                                                                                      http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Dewayne069/media/Picture8601_zps8935fad0.jpg.html                He is for sale also.                               

No, those are silvers and not very good colorwise.   You really need to spring for a Standard; without it is like finding your way around in the dark.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 11:44:36 AM »
I am not doing mottled but I am interested in the progress being made.They share leg color issues with one of my projects.I will be answering dirty ankle acres email today.I have been gone and got back last night.Still catching up.

Jerry, how are the eyes doing?  Better we hope?

jerryse

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 10:07:08 AM »
Getting cataract taken care of on 9/25.On the bad eye.Will have to see what that does.Currently bad eye has 8x more powerful prescription on glasses.Still wavy but not as bad.I keep it closed a lot as it interferes with my good eye.

bryngyld

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bryngyld.com
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 06:52:59 AM »
I am working on something like a mottled project.  I don't know if there is a separate gene for mottled and mille fleur type patterns.  I'm working on the mille fleur type pattern with more white... like the calico cochin.  I have seen both mottled and mille fleur patterns in Swedish Flower Hens.  I have seen legs with dark pigment, mottled dark pigment, and no pigment. 
Lyne Peterson
Northern California

Dirty Ankle Acres

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 11:07:43 AM »
Here's some pics of our progress with "Mottled" Ameraucanas..

jerryse

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »
Very nice.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 09:07:44 PM »
I'm going to see what I can do with a pair of these from John next breeding season.

Dirty Ankle Acres

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »
Mike what color would you call that, like a buff mottled? very cool looking let me know how it goes with them wouldn't mind some eggs later on

Dirty Ankle Acres

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 12:27:50 PM »
here's another pic of our "Mottled" Ameraucana project.....took this one just to show some of mottling we're getting....looking to possibly start "blue mottled" Am's in the spring