Author Topic: Large fowl Red and Red Pyle Ameraucanas?  (Read 3651 times)

John

Large fowl Red and Red Pyle Ameraucanas?
« on: September 10, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »
We have received the following request...

Would you be so kind as to direct us to credible breeders of true Large fowl Red and Red Pyle Ameraucanas? We have been unable to locate any. There appear to be some project threads in your organizational blog. Can you investigate and provide sources? Presently, we are studying this genetic mutation and variant and wish to obtain these varieties.  Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Lucinda J. Christian
Senior Advisor
President
WHAGR Institute
A Birchwood Conservancy Global Initiative
www.whagrinstitute.org
www.birchwoodconservancy.org

Please let me know if you have either of these varieties or know someone that does.

DeWayne Edgin

Re: Large fowl Red and Red Pyle Ameraucanas?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 02:51:48 PM »
Well by the breeders directory, it looks like Debra Hogan in CA might have some.  I would like to see some pictures of these birds also. Is there a thread on here were i can see them?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:19:50 PM by DeWayne Edgin »

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 03:36:41 PM »
"Red" can mean any number of different varieties.   Does she mean red as in Rhode Island Red?  Red as in New Hampshire Red?   Red as in Red Leghorn (not a black tailed variety)?  How about Red Chantecler, not recognized but still different from the first three.   I'm pretty sure there are even more "reds" in the Standard.   Red Pyle is totally different genetically than any of these reds.  I wonder if she knows that?    And why would a "conservancy" be interested in something that has never been recognized or perhaps even perfected in the first place?    The following statement from one of her websites is enough to give me pause:
"Birchwood Conservancy shares consistent objectives with the UN"   Lest we forget, the U.N. is the organization that places countries like North Korea and Iran on their Human Rights Council.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:42:14 PM by Mike Gilbert »

John

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 05:13:54 PM »
Here are two latest replies...

We have been able to locate two breeders to work with us. Thank you.

Thank you- we have made contact with her and are trying to work with her. We have located a another breeder who has some interesting birds with a predominance of Red.

We understand that Debra's birds are what you refer to as a mixture. However, the genetic mutation we are seeking has taken place and we will work with her to further stream line outcome.

The End ;)

jerryse

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 10:24:56 AM »