Author Topic: Nebraska State Poultry Show  (Read 4453 times)

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Nebraska State Poultry Show
« on: September 17, 2013, 12:22:02 PM »
Show catalogs are now ready for the Nebraska State Poultry Show Nov 2-3 in Lincoln Nebraska. You can download catalogs and entry forms on the club website www.nestatepoultryshow.com or contact the show secretary Vicki Gilliam 612-384-8217 or gilavina@hotmail.com . Entries are due by Oct 24, 2013. In addition to any awards and prize money, there will be a $30 cash award for BB LF Champion Ameraucana Open Show and $30 cash award for BB Bantam Champion Ameraucana Open Show. Also a $30 cash award for BB LF Champion Ameraucana Junior Show and $30 cash award for BB Bantam Ameraucana Junior Show. Junior Show entries are automatically entered also in the Open Show at no additional charge. This would make it possible for a Junior to win $60 in either LF or Bantam Class for the price of a Junior Entry Fee if they would win the Junior and Open Class with their entry. Come on Juniors, show those older exhibitors you have what it takes (Or at least your birds do). I hope to see you there! Gordon

(

Gordon Gilliam

John

Re: Nebraska State Poultry Show
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 01:49:29 PM »
Junior Show entries are automatically entered also in the Open Show at no additional charge.
The wording is different, but this is the same thing we've been doing at the Fowl Fest, in Michigan, for several years.  I wish all the shows would pick up on the idea of all entries going into an open show, with whatever special judging and awards offered to juniors on top.
Have fun at your show!

Schroeder

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 10:39:50 AM »
Gordon:
Sounds like a great show.  I hope I can make it up there someday.  I think it is great that you have inspired your niece to be actively involved in our hobby!
Duane

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 12:19:27 PM »
Actually Duane it was her father (my brother) who started her at a young age. He was the one that gave me the bug but later in life. I did get Vicki the Ameraucana slant as I gave her some eggs to hatch. She even beat me on a Blue pullet at last years show. I'm facing an uphill battle as she is a Maran person at heart. With that said, I still need to convince her to join the Ameraucana Club.

Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 12:28:21 AM »
The Nebraska State Poultry Show is now history. There were approx. 900 entries at the show. Ameraucana entries were 12 LF and 1 Bantam by 3 exhibiters. BB was a Black cockerel who was also BAOSB. RB was a Wheaten pullet. Both were day old chicks that I purchased from Paul and Angela Smith. Thanks Paul and Angela!!!!!! I also set up a small table for the ABC club with membership forms, information sheets on the  raffle for new 2014 members for the incubator, and ABC Flyers. Now for some much needed R&R.
Gordon Gilliam

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 01:51:34 PM »
Pictures from NSPS Nov 2-3, 2013. ABC table. Black cockerel BV BB Champ AOSB.  Wheaten pullet BV RB.
Gordon Gilliam

Schroeder

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »
Gordon:
Thanks for the photos.  I set out ABC information at the Indiana State meet also.  The information sheets disappeared like candy!
Duane

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »
Duane, I didn't get to stay at the table as I was clerking most of the time. Membership forms and info for new members on the incubator raffle were taken. I hope they get filled out and sent in. Worth a try!
Gordon Gilliam

John

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 07:07:59 PM »
Gordon,
Thanks for going out of your way to promote the club and breed!