Author Topic: For Sale........  (Read 5052 times)

Russ

For Sale........
« on: October 08, 2013, 08:30:40 AM »
Hello everyone, just saw neurosurgeon for my back found out I will need surgery. So unfortunately I will need to cut back on how many birds I will winter. I have some L.F. Silvers and Blue Black and Splash also a trio Lavender Bantam , possibly Silver and Blue Bantams also. I can send pictures of Birds by phone if needed, I can deliver to fowl fest or possibly drive up to an hour from my house for a small fee. Feel free to contact me for any information. I will go through today and tomorrow and figure out exactly what I have. I prefer not to ship if possible trios will start at $30 thanks for reading...............Russ
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:34:15 AM by Russ »

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
Re: For Sale........
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 12:29:25 PM »
Sorry to hear about your back. When do you have to go in for surgery? The only thing I'm in the market for right now are wheaten bantam pullets, but once you figure out what you want to sell and how much you want for each, it would probably be beneficial to post a list. I will then help to spread the word. Best wishes!
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Russ

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 01:30:09 PM »
Thanks Sharon I was waiting to see when I would be teaching at the apprenticeship before I scheduled it. Found out I will not be teaching until mid January so I will be calling tomorrow. They said it will be about two weeks after I call  ;)

Russ

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 04:30:10 PM »
Ok I spent last 3 days looking over my growing pens. I have already sold a trio of L.F. BBS, Bantam BBS and 2 L.F. Silver Cockerels. So after I deliver John his L.F. Cockerels I promised this is what I have left. Few L.F. Silver pullets possibly could make a trio (still sorting them out). I have a nice trio of Lavender Bantam, a really nice Black L.F. Cockerel (great type, eyes, green sheen, comb is a little big but not awful... he is going to be BIG), several nice L.F. Blue Cockerels, possibly a pair of Silver Bantams and some younger BBS Bantams that are still filling out so not sure how good of quality they are. I plan on taking the Lavender Bantams, and some of the younger BBS bantams to fowl fest. Hope this helps oh and surgery might possibly be next Wednesday still waiting on confirmation but is tentatively scheduled. So if needed for me to drive I won't be able to for at least 2 weeks after surgery.  ;) Oh they are all priced to move at $30 a trio or $10 each they all range from 6 months to  5 months with the majority being in younger category  ;)

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 04:38:50 PM »

Any blue bantams available Russ?    I'm going to suggest you bring along to Fowl Fest whatever sale birds you have room to transport - you never know who might be looking.  See you there.

Russ

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 06:08:02 PM »
I sold a trio already, they were out of the first hatch. The ones left still need finished but I will be bringing them some splash and black also in case anybody wants to trust the genetics are there  ;). Oh by the way Trio of Lavender Bantams are sold  ;D

John

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 07:59:51 PM »
There is a good sized sale area at the Fowl Fest and the sale coops are $3 each, so I would do as Mike suggested.  I'll have a few sale birds there too. 
If that BIG black male is available you should bring him.  I have a buyer for one and he may be better than what I have to offer the guy.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 09:05:20 PM »
Can you post some pictures? I have a couple of people looking for LF blues.
Sharon Yorks

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Barkley

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 06:57:20 AM »
I'll look for you at fowl fest, I am set but my friend just lost a couple birds to a stray dog that has since gone missing. . .

So I told him I would try to find him a couple birds. he just wants them for egg layers and bug killing around the yard so color/quality won't be a big issue. maybe you  will have a mismatched trio which would be perfect for him.

Jerry

Russ

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 10:15:43 AM »
Sorry I am as computer illiterate as a man could be. I am amazed at just sending pictures with my phone  ??? But if you e mail me your phone number I can get you pics that way? I have a guy coming to pick up all the birds I would not use in my own breeding program. I know there are several nice L.F. blue cockerels I can not justify going into someone's crock pot. I am only keeping one L.F. Blue, Splash, and Silver Cockerel for my self (I kept my best Blue and Silver from this year) and 2-3 pullets. I will definitely bring the Black with me John, also any pullets I may have. Oh and don't let the price fool you everything I am selling is decent quality, I try not to let anything go that I wouldn't use for breeding. That way I don't have to worry about it coming back to me  ;D. There is a buyer by me who sells a lot to the Asians for eating. It is a for sure way of disposing the culls.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:19:39 AM by Russ »

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 11:50:07 AM »
Will do  :)
Sharon Yorks