Author Topic: Brown Red color  (Read 2379 times)

DeWayne Edgin

Brown Red color
« on: October 14, 2013, 09:26:28 AM »
http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Dewayne069/media/Brown%20Reds/1010130941f_zpsb524ca0a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9  I was looking at the pictures that John posted with the Brown Red bantam rooster and i was comparing it to my young cock that i kept this year. I also looked at the photo on this site to compare. The standard link on the home page only talks about size, beaks, and basically shape of birds. It does not tell or show much on color. So i am thinking that this cockerel has to much brown on him. His chest has lacing and he has some underneath his body to. I think the two hens are fine but what do you Brown Red experts think about the cock? Thank you.                           I see i clicked on a wrong photo and there is a silver in my pictures. disregard that picture.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:29:49 AM by DeWayne Edgin »

Mike Gilbert

Re: Brown Red color
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 02:13:57 PM »
DeWayne, I don't think I have ever produced one with that much brown on him.  Are you sure he isn't a cross?   I do have a cockerel I could send you, free except shipping and box, but he is very much on the small side.   He is out of my best hen.

DeWayne Edgin

Re: Brown Red color
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 05:23:59 PM »
I am sure he wasn't crossed. He is the chick with the brown head that i posted pictures of early this year. His parents both came from you, they are the ones that were crossed with blacks. Do you think he would be good to use for black golds since he has the lacing on his chest? Give me another day or two to think about the other rooster please. I have alot going on right now. Thanks