Author Topic: Congrats to Cliff Redden at Shawnee ok show.  (Read 14574 times)

Jan

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Congrats to Cliff Redden at Shawnee ok show.
« on: December 15, 2013, 09:20:28 AM »
Champion ASOB, Champion Large fowl, Champion Super Show Champion out of 49 Ameraucanas shown.

Mike Gilbert

Re: Congrats to Cliff Redden at Shawnee ok show.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 02:06:42 PM »

Wow!   How some details and a photo or two?

Jan

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »
I think Max took Photos. 
I have one of my Male that took Reserve ASOB.  He looks a lot like the bird that won but with good reason.
I Bought him from Sharon Claywood and she got him from eggs that he hatched from Cliff Redden.  The judge told me the difference was that m birds tail set was a little low.  I agree..

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 06:31:42 PM »
  If the photo is actually representative of the way the bird naturally stands most of the time, I have to agree on the tail.   It should be 45 degrees above horizontal, and the photo shows no lift at all.  It's more than a little low.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 06:33:31 PM by Mike Gilbert »

Jan

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 08:25:46 PM »
Yeah the photo does shiw that.  I will get the pic that was taken  at the show of all champion birds.

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 08:55:07 PM »
Thanks, Jan.  Congrats to you, too on the wins on your call duck, black australorp hen and reserve AOSB on your black cockerel. 
It was really good to see and visit with Paul, Angela and Matthew; Max and Tonya; Rick and Sharon; and Jan and Mike, and several other good folks.

Hi, Mike.  We took a few pics of the birds.  I know that Paul is planning to give a full report with pictures. I tried to attach a photo but got an error that the file was too large.  Can anyone tell me what to do?  Thanks.

John

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 10:18:55 PM »
I tried to attach a photo but got an error that the file was too large.  Can anyone tell me what to do?
You have to "resize" it.  Microsoft Office allows me to "compress" or "resize" photos.
The maximum size of an attachment is 150kB

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 10:29:33 PM »
Send me the photos and I will re-size them and post them for you.
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 09:45:07 AM »
The South-Central District Ameraucana meet was held at the Oklahoma State Poultry Federation show in Shawnee, OK. on Dec. 14, 2013.

Several records were set and history made!  The open LF Ameraucana show had 49 head shown by five exhibitors from four states!  All 49 were of top quality breeding status.  This resulted in an excellent representation of Ameraucanas!

The black class was the largest with 27 birds by 5 exhibitors.  An excellent cockerel show by Clifton Redden won BV, BB, Best AOSB, Champion LF and Show Champion.  This is the first time an Ameraucana has won  either Show Champion or Champion LF  at Shawnee!  Congratulations Clifton, and thanks for a job well done!  There was 12 black cockerels shown!  The RV black was the second place cockerel shown by Jan Burke.  Jan’s cockerel won RB and Reserve AOSB.  Another excellent representative of the Ameraucana breed!

The blue class was plentiful with 10 head shown by three exhibitors from three states.  Max Strawn won BV on a cockerel and RV on a pullet.

The blue wheaten class had 5 head shown by three exhibitors from three states.  Sharon Caywood won BV on a pullet and RV on a cockerel.

The Lavender-AOV class also had 5 head shown by three exhibitors from three states.  The best AOV was a lavender pullet shown by Max Strawn.  The RV AOV was a lavender hen shown by Clifton Redden.

The wheaten class had a pair shown by Paul & Angela Smith.  The BV was their cockerel and their pullet was RV.

The junior Ameraucana LF shrunk to only Matthew Smith showing two head.  Matthew’s black pullet won BB and 3rd place AOSB.  Matthew’s blue pullet won RB and 4th place AOSB.  I visited with Mr. McDaniel, the grandfather of two of the Jr. Ameraucana exhibitors in the past, who told me that they sold their Ameraucanas along with several other breeds as they had too many breeds to manage them properly.

Jacob Bates judged the junior show.  Eric Kutch judged the open Ameraucana show.  There were not any bantams shown.

More than one week of ice covered roads, cleared just in time to make this show a history maker!  Thanks to all who supported it!  Photos of all the BV and RV will be posted ASAP.

Paul Smith

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »
Paul, you are such a credit to the breed and to the club.   I have always thought when a person starts getting defeated by his customers he has been doing a lot that is right.  Thanks for the report.  And Merry Christmas!

Jan

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 10:13:49 AM »
There are APA judges will tell you that Paul has the best Ameraucana s there are.
Thanks for all the hard work that you have put into this breed.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 11:00:14 AM »
Here are a couple of pictures of Clif's winning Ameraucana.
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Max

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »
Congrats to both Clif and Jan! Both birds were outstanding and stood apart from the rest. The pictures really don't do them justice. I believe Clif's cockerel is the same one that won in Fayetteville. He surely deserves to represent the variety in the "Photos of Ameraucana" section, which he does...

Paul, you are such a credit to the breed and to the club.

Paul is the most generous person I have met in the fancy. He always takes the time to talk and share his knowledge when I call and bug him.  :D Thanks for all you do!
Max Strawn

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 09:28:27 AM »
  Thanks Mike and Max for your encouraging kind words.  Yes, Sharon, Clifton and Max purchased their start of Ameraucanas from us.  We sold so many chicks (over 1,000 head) this past spring that we didn't keep much to show this fall.  My goal was/is to share as many good breeding Ameraucanas as possible to help get the breed wide spread and plentiful at the poultry shows.  Presently we have sold Ameraucanas into 41 states and Canada.  The Canadian sale was made possible by John Blehm, as he knew all the regulations to legally get the birds through customs.
  I was very glad to see 51 head of Ameraucanas (open & Jr.) shown by six exhibitors from four states in our SC district meet.  I have worked promoting the breed for 14 years to get this to happen.  In the past it has been like revolving doors with many different fanciers who tried exposition poultry.
  The champion cockerel shown by Clifton is the same one he showed at Fayetteville.  It is his picture on the ABC website for a black cockerel.  The 2005 cockerel he replaced was bred 100% the same as this cockerel's sire and grandsire, as Clifton said he is a father X daughter mating.
Paul Smith

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 12:18:53 AM »
Thank you, Sharon, for posting those pictures for me. I really appreciate it.
Max, you are right about the pics.  Both of these cockerels look much better than the pictures. You, Paul, Sharon and Jan all have some great looking birds too.  I also agree on your comments about Paul.  Not only have I gotten some great birds from him and Angela, he has also taken a lot of time from his busy schedule  to share with me what traits to look for and how to show Ameraucanas.  It's nice to win, but it's really nice when people you compete with are happy to see you win.  It semed to me that every Ameraucana exhibitor was genuinely happy to see my cockerel win.  Especially Paul.  As he watched the 4 judges gather around the cockerel he began to smile real big and take pictures.  I was watching him from across the room, and I could tell that he felt the cockerel was picked to win.  In competition, only a real friend will celebrate your victories with you!  Thank you, Paul!