Author Topic: Poultry Genetics Seminar  (Read 3844 times)

Max

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Poultry Genetics Seminar
« on: January 10, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »
http://www.sustainablepoultrynetwork.com/event/genetics-workshop-understanding-poultry-genetics-the-key-to-successful-breeding-morganton-nc/

Here is a link about the upcoming seminar in Morganton, NC. I had every intention of attending until I realized that is the same weekend I will be at the Houston Livestock Show with my son showing his lambs... :-\
Max Strawn

Beth C

Re: Poultry Genetics Seminar
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 11:44:31 PM »
Thanks for sharing this - it's going to be touch and go because it's the same week one of my goats is due, but hopefully the stars will line up!

Max

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 12:37:08 PM »
I found out my son actually shows his lamb on March 12th. If he doesn't make the sale we will be home on the 13th. Chances of making the sale at a large show like that are slim unless you spent $4,000 or more for your animal and paid a professional to raise, train and groom it every day for show...  :o  (which I disagree with by the way >:(). I think I will take the chance and sign up for the class. If I can't make it then I'm only out $100.    Sooo... ROAD TRIP!!!   :)
Max Strawn

Max

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 02:52:47 PM »
Genetics workshop was fun and educational.  The material was good but a little overwhelming for some in attendance. I'm glad I did my homework before attending. There just wasn't enough time to cover everything on the agenda. It was nice talking with Grant about his experiences in the UK and the way they do things over there. It was especially nice to talk to someone face to face about genetics. I would like to see a class on more advanced genetics. It was a fun road trip and I got to see some country I have never seen before.   :)
Max Strawn

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 05:08:32 PM »

Glad you enjoyed it Max.   Was anyone else from the ABC able to be there?

Max

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 03:28:13 PM »
I don't think so... If any of them were members I wasn't aware of it. About half were fairly local and involved with Jim Adkins' sustainable poultry network.
Max Strawn