Author Topic: It aint over til it's over!  (Read 3374 times)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
It aint over til it's over!
« on: March 29, 2014, 05:18:16 PM »
I was expecting a shipment of chicks this past Tuesday (overnight express) but the package was a "no show" and by the end of the day, our wonderful postal service still hadn't scanned the box since it left the original post office the day before. The following day, the lady at our local post office called me and said the chicks had arrived and were sitting on the dock when she arrived. I rushed to the P.O. and chirping was faint so we opened the box. There was one chick stretched out in the corner and the rest were huddled together on top of a heat pack that had fallen down off of the side of the box where it had been taped...thank goodness!

I got the chicks home and quickly took them out of the box and put them under a heat light. The poor little things had a severe case of hypothermia and could barely move. After getting them settled, I looked over at the stretched out chick, and for whatever reason, took my finger and nudged it. The chick felt limp and cold, but then suddenly took a short breath. I snatched it up and held it up under the light as close as I could without burning it, then started rubbing on it to help get things circulating. Long story short, 15-20 minutes later it was on its feet and in with the rest of them.

It ain't over til it's over, and even then, it still may not be over. Meet Lazarus   :)   
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:22:01 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Holiday Hatch

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Re: It aint over til it's over!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 07:55:22 PM »
Sharon - What a great story, thanks for sharing that with us.  Linda

Russ

Re: It aint over til it's over!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 07:54:34 PM »
You got to love a happy ending  ;)