Author Topic: Missouri State Ameraucana show  (Read 5099 times)

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Missouri State Ameraucana show
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:06:06 AM »
Who is planning to attend the Missouri state Ameraucana show on April 19th at Sedalia MO?  If you need any info you can contact Bernita Miller 660-647-2424 or by e-mail at bmiller @iland.net  Entries must be post marked by 4/8/14. I hope to see some ABC members there!

Kali Massey

Re: Missouri State Ameraucana show
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »
We are planning to attend.  Kali will be showing bantams.  We are looking for a good wheaten cock/cockerel.  We may get one from Ms. York, but would get one from another source if available.  We would be interested in blue wheaten males and females--almost any age~
We are also considering large fowl blue wheaten. 

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 11:23:44 PM »
Clif, If all goes well I plan to attend the Missouri State Ameraucana show. I probably won't have any to show as I had no fall hatch last year and all of my adult birds are in breeding pens. The chicks I got from you are all doing well, but don't know of any classes for month old chicks!
Gordon Gilliam

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 01:08:29 AM »
I'm looking forward to meeting and visiting with everyone. If anyone wants to exhibit, our entries must be post marked by the 8th. Gordon I hope it works out so you can make it.

The Lord is good and his mercy endures forever.

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 07:50:59 PM »
Linda and I are headed home from the Ameraucana meet that was held in Sedalia. We met Gordon Gillam,it was really nice to meet and visit with Gordon. There wasn't many Ameraucanas there to represent the ABC only 5 large fowl 4 were mine. And 6 Bantams. We had a great time,and I'm glad we went. With one of our Ameraucana pullets we won something we thought we would never win. After the judging of the second show  I walked down the aisle my chickens were on to see how they had done. My pullet that won BB and BV had also won champion continental!! Try that with one of your Ameraucanas:-) LOL. But I did not get to keep all the prizes because I didn't get to keep the title.  :'(

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 08:01:24 PM »
Clif, I just walked in the door. Tired from the long drive, but glad I went to the show. I kept thinking all the way home, Maybe your Ameraucana pullet Was better than anything entered in the Continental Class! I think you should lobby for it. Prizes or no prizes.
Gordon Gilliam

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 08:32:30 PM »

That judge should have been really embarrassed.   Can't wait to read the Poultry Press about this show.

John

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 09:17:06 PM »
It's great to hear you guys had a good time.  That is what it is about in my opinion. ;)

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 09:40:31 PM »
Quote from: Birdcrazy link=topic=2278.m ;Dsg16391#msg16391 date=1397952084
Clif, I just walked in the door. Tired from the long drive, but glad I went to the show. I kept thinking all the way home, Maybe your Ameraucana pullet Was better than anything entered in the Continental Class! I think you should lobby for it. Prizes or no prizes.

LOL.  :D

Kali Massey

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 04:18:15 PM »
There were bantams in jr show!  There were 2 jr exhibitors. The other exhibitor won AOCCL with wheaten Ameraucana hen. Kali placed BV black bantam, 1-4 places with blue bantams. A blue bantam pullet was RB!  Wheaten hens placed 5th and dnp. The cock was DQed for red in tail.
So there were 12 bantams in jr show.
Kali placed 3rd in showmanship out of about 20 entries.  :D