Author Topic: Nominations for ABC officers  (Read 12099 times)

John

Nominations for ABC officers
« on: May 13, 2014, 08:08:39 PM »
This is an election year.  Nominations for office must be submitted by August 15th and ballots will go out with the Fall Bulletin.  Please feel free to nominate yourself.  The more the merrier, they say.  New officers will assume offices on January 1st.

I will start out with a few nominations...

President: John W Blehm (me)
Secretary/Treasurer:
Eastern Director: Sharon Yorks
North Central Director: Duane Schroeder
South Central Director: Paul Smith
Western Director: Jean Ribbeck

The Secretary/Treasurer position is the most time consuming and demanding office (the rest are easy).  Nominees should have basic or better computer skills and high speed internet in my opinion.

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Nominations for ABC officers
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:53:20 AM »
Our nominees
President : Clif Redden
Secretary / Treasurer : John W Blehm
Eastern Director : Sharon L Yorks
North Central Director: Duane Schroeder
South Central Director : Paul Smith
Western Director : Christina Korfus
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:07:54 PM by John Blehm »
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 07:00:59 PM »
I would like to nominate Shakti O'Melveny-Rupp from Florence, MT for the position of Western District Director. I spoke with her on the phone today and she is happy to be nominated and would love to run for that position.
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

SkiBuny

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 07:09:41 PM »
Thank you Sharon, I accept and would love to be Western Director!

A little about me:
I have had numerous different breeds, and came to realize Ameraucana are, by far, my favorite breed! The color variety I have is W/BW/SW in LF and BF. My goal is to breed toward perfection, and bring these amazing BF out of the verge of extinction! I will be breeding the BF year round, promoting, and showing them as much as possible. I am educated with a masters degree, but chose to follow my dream of homesteading off grid in the mountains, rather than 60 hours a week in an office. I live in Montana, homeschool my daughter, raise chickens, turkeys and goats, and am working toward complete self sufficiency, with my amazing husband. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Shakti :-)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:27:44 PM by Shakti »

Schroeder

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 02:22:55 PM »
I accept the nomination for North Central District Director.
Duane

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »
I will nominate Jean R for Western Director on the condition she will accept the nomination.
Also John Blehm for Secretary-Treasurer on the condition he will accept.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »
I accept the nomination for South-Central District Director.
I'd liked to serve at least one more time.
Looking forward to hosting the National in 2015.
Paul Smith

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 05:54:36 PM »
I will not be running for the Eastern District's director position next year. Anyone interested in becoming the director for this district should let their interest be known on this post. The position really isn't difficult and we would all be just a phone call or e-mail away for anyone who has any questions. I will continue to show, breed and raise Ameraucanas and I am really looking forward to this year's National Meet. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:57:30 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 09:46:04 PM »
I'd sure hate to see the club lose you as Secretary/Treasurer, John. You keep the office running so smoothly and always answer e-mails quickly...not to mention the bulletins coming out regularly and on time. I hope you reconsider and stay on in the position you are in now.   
Sharon Yorks

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 02:02:41 PM »
John,
     Please reconsider staying secretary/ treasurer. While you have been in there things have run so smoothly, never a problem.  Jeff and I have belonged to many clubs in our years together, bass clubs, coonhunting clubs, 2 beed orginizations and this association. So far we feel that you are the best we have seen in all the  clubs that we have belonged too. We really enjoy the bulletins and feel very secure that if we have a problem, we could contact you and the matter would be resolved in a timely manner.  Jeff's dad  Shorty enjoys the bulletin and our nephew Thomas does too. He is a junior member.  Either Jeff or I have to pull up pics of brown reds every day for him to look at them.  He is seriously becoming a member at the national meet.  He thinks a lot of Mike Gilbert and you too John, for the way the bulletins are written and the information in them.

Sharon,
      We are so sorry to see you go as our Eastern District Director!  We are going to really miss you , you have been a wonderful friend and have welcomed us and our state as well as others that participate.  We have no activities or meets at all in our state of W.V. Since we are eastern region we have accepted Ohio as our new home for all our activities.     You are and have been a great asset to the Ameraucana Association. We are so very sad to see you step down. We have had the opportunity of meeting you and your family twice this year at your home and walked away with information that was very helpful to us in the Ameraucana aspect. We enjoyed our visits with you and we feel blessed to have had those opportunities. We have a friend for life.   
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. I truly value your friendship, too. I wish you two lived closer. I will always be just a phone call away (I'm sure we'll be chatting often) and will also be on hand to help whoever takes over as Eastern District Director and to anyone else who has any questions. Being a director is a great learning experience and I would encourage anyone who is considering the position to feel free to contact me if they have any questions.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 10:36:16 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 02:02:11 PM »
I accept the nomination, and if elected, I would be honored to hold the position of President of the Ameraucana Breeders Club.

Beth C

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 10:27:44 PM »
I accept the nomination. And Sharon's offer to answer a million questions...  ;)

Schroeder

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 08:53:33 AM »
Now we need someone to volunteer for the Secretary position.

SkiBuny

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 07:04:02 PM »
I'm still accept Western Director nomination, and the points are almost ready.  :)