Author Topic: Nominations for ABC officers  (Read 12102 times)

Lee G

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Re: Nominations for ABC officers
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 11:19:35 AM »
Nominations for office must be submitted by August 15th
Just a reminder to have all nominations and acceptances made by the 15th to be placed on the ballot.

Are new/from another country members allowed to vote? I'm a little confused about what I'm supposed to do, if anything?...  ???

Clarification would be great, thanks!  :)
~ The duty of the breeder today and tomorrow is to create rather than imitate or simply perpetuate -- Horace Dryden

Carrie Gildersleeve

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 01:19:54 PM »
Hi All,

I am new to the club this year, and as such do not have the required experience for the secretary position. I would like to volunteer my services to help with the position. I have several years experience in administrative/management/writing/coding. So whoever is secretary please contact me because I would love to be more involved!

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 10:57:33 AM »
Nominations for office must be submitted by August 15th
Just a reminder to have all nominations and acceptances made by the 15th to be placed on the ballot.

Are new/from another country members allowed to vote? I'm a little confused about what I'm supposed to do, if anything?...  ???

Clarification would be great, thanks!  :)

John sends out ballots in October or November (can't remember right off hand) and you can return them to Mike Gilbert after you have voted since he is the elections officer this year.  You can vote for President, Secretary and I believe you vote for District Director closest to your area.  I believe you are just barely in the Western District.
Jean

Lee G

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 09:46:43 AM »
Thank you Jean. It's good to know what to expect.

The last club I belonged too involved wearing purple and ponytails 3x a week, and there was only one rule: NO boys allowed.  :P
~ The duty of the breeder today and tomorrow is to create rather than imitate or simply perpetuate -- Horace Dryden

Schroeder

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 09:49:51 AM »
Hi All,

I am new to the club this year, and as such do not have the required experience for the secretary position. I would like to volunteer my services to help with the position. I have several years experience in administrative/management/writing/coding. So whoever is secretary please contact me because I would love to be more involved!

I had the pleasure of meeting Carrie at the Coulee Region Poultry Club meet in Galesville, WI.  She is a very bright, inquisitive young lady that will bring much value to our club.  Thanks, Carrie, for volunteering.  Your contributions will be greatly appreciated.
Duane

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »
After much soul searching and conversations with members of the ABC, I have decided to accept the nomination for Western District Director. 
Jean

Carrie Gildersleeve

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 09:48:25 PM »
I had the pleasure of meeting Carrie at the Coulee Region Poultry Club meet in Galesville, WI.  She is a very bright, inquisitive young lady that will bring much value to our club.  Thanks, Carrie, for volunteering.  Your contributions will be greatly appreciated.
Duane

Thanks Duane! I really appreciate the compliment.

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 08:07:45 PM »
I am also a fairly new member (this is my third year) and would like to volunteer my services in any way I can help. This is my fourth year breeding wheaten/blue wheaten Ameraucanas and, in spite of a setback this year, hope to have some nice results this next spring.

I am a retired applications developer from the financial industry and currently own a website design business. I've also been involved with dog and horse breeding and showing most of my life and have been very active in various clubs. I've served as everything from Show/Match Chair to President and just about everything in between.

I missed all the nominations and elections due to some health issues (kidney stones and resulting surgery), but it's all passed now (lol) and I'm ready to help out wherever I can.

Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 01:45:56 PM »
Susan...It's great to have you with us and nice to know you are feeling better. It's also wonderful to have new members who like to be active in the club and are eager to help. It's a wonderful club and we're happy that you have chosen to be apart of it with us.
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2014, 08:30:09 PM »
Thank you, Sharon! :)

I would say I hope y'all can put me to work, but I'm afraid my wish would be fulfilled. ;)   Ohhh, what the heck...I'm retired anyway - what else have I got to do?  lol
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com