Author Topic: North Central District Meet  (Read 3261 times)

Mike Gilbert

North Central District Meet
« on: May 21, 2014, 10:07:56 PM »
Entries are in for the June show at Galesville, Wisconsin.   While hoping for better numbers due to this being an  ABC District Meet, they are not too bad for a spring show.    We have 19 large fowl and 32 Ameraucana bantams entered.   The AOCCL class is at 101, so there is an opportunity for two ABA Starred wins.  It helped to have a Chantecler meet at the same show, as that helped get the AOCCL numbers up there too.
For those of you who didn't enter, come to the show anyway, meet some fellow ABC'ers, and have a fun day.
Total entries for the show are at 757 with one entry pending yet.  Judging by the number of sale cages rented, there should be a good number of birds for sale as well.   Hope to see many of you there.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 02:14:00 PM by Mike Gilbert »

Mike Gilbert

Re: North Central District Meet
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 02:17:55 PM »
 Here are the results for the North Central District Meet.   I did not have time to take pictures, so hopefully John or Duane did and will post some here.    There were 32 bantams and 16 large fowl Ameraucanas actually shown.    Seven exhibitors in each category, but some did not show bantams and some did not show large fowl.  Top Large fowl was a Black cock by the Sonsalla family, and it went on to take champion AOSB.
Reserve large fowl was a white cock by Jerry DeSmidt, and it was reserve AOSB.    This class was judged by Jim Fegan, and there were 23 birds entered in it.  Best blue was a cockerel by Stacy Wozney, best blue wheaten was a hen by Jerry DeSmidt, best wheaten a hen by Duane Schroeder.   There were no silver, buff, or brown red Ameraucanas shown in large fowl. 

In the bantams, top bird was a blue wheaten pullet by Jerry DeSmidt, and reserve was a wheaten hen by Mike Gilbert.   Best black was a cock by Gina Neta, best blue a hen by Gina Neta, best brown red a hen by Mike Gilbert, best buff a hen by Mike Gilbert, best silver a hen by John Blehm, best white a pullet by Jerry DeSmidt, and one splash was shown by Jerry, a hen.    In all there were 32 Ameraucana bantams judged by Bart Pals.   
There were 101 birds entered in the AOCCL class, but no Ameraucana bantams made champion row this time. 

In addition to the exhibitors there were a good number of ABC members who visited the show.    Not a bad turnout for a spring show.    I believe it was the largest spring show in the north central states this year, at 768 entries.    Thanks to all for helping to make our show a success, and thanks to Duane for placing the District Meet with us this year.    We hope all had safe travels going home.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:27:12 PM by Mike Gilbert »

John

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 09:32:52 PM »
and one splash was shown by Jerry, a hen.
I didn't take much time to study the bird, but it looked very nice and as I recall the judge took the time to make a comment to that effect on the coop card.
The weather was great and I had a great time visiting with many people there, including some that I hadn't met before.

Schroeder

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 02:10:30 PM »
The District meet was a great success.  Galesville is a very clean and friendly Midwest city, and the Coulee Region Poultry Club put on a fine show.  I was pleased with the number of Ameraucanas considering the relatively remote location.    It was good to meet a couple of new members.  I was fortunate enough to spend time discussing our breed with Jerry Desmidt and John Blehm.  I learned more in these discussion than I would have spending countless hours of reading.  I'll include a couple of photos in our next Club Bulletin.

Congratulations, Mike, on successful event.
Duane

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 11:52:21 PM »
Mike, congratulations on another successful Coulee Region Poultry Club Show. I just got my July Poultry Press in the mail today. Along with your article and pictures there was also a 2 page article and pictures by Bill Wulff. This issue of the Poultry Press had only 1 section of print and your show results, articles and pictures made up a great deal of this issue. After reading the articles and all of the pictures I was really sorry that I could not attend your show. Maybe next year!
Gordon Gilliam

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 08:50:51 AM »
Thanks Gordon.    Our catalog and entry form will be on our website:    www.couleeregionpoultryclub.webs.com .

We would love to host another Ameraucana Meet.    Duane?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:52:47 AM by Mike Gilbert »