Author Topic: Buckeye Fancy Feather Club - Canfield, OH  (Read 12234 times)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
Buckeye Fancy Feather Club - Canfield, OH
« on: May 28, 2014, 04:11:54 PM »
The Buckeye Fancy Feather Club is having their annual poultry show in Canfield, OH in a couple of weeks and it has been approved as an Ameraucana Meet. Since the show is scheduled for June 14th and entries are due by June 7th, that doesn't leave much time to contact them and ask for an entry form so I felt it would be much easier for everyone if I posted it all on here so you can print it out.

Hope to see you there!  :)
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Debbie

Re: Buckeye Fancy Feather Club - Canfield, OH
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:38:06 PM »
We are going! Don't have much to take, but are excited to see what everyone brings :)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »
Just a reminder...entries for this meet need to be postmarked and sent in by the end of this week. I look forward to seeing a lot of you there.
Sharon Yorks

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 06:47:39 PM »
 I always like to check out the entry forms for ideas on how to improve ours.   This one says $3.00 per bird and $6.00 for double cooping.   Does that mean if one bird is entered for a double coop you pay $9.00 for that bird?     Seems high.   But then, double cooping is a pain when setting up, so maybe they are discouraging it?    We only allow it for large fowl males at our local show.   

John

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 09:51:43 PM »
This one says $3.00 per bird and $6.00 for double cooping.
Back when I was in charge of the Fowl Fest I said something like "$3 per bird and $3 for a double coop" on the entry form and I would get some that thought they didn't have to pay the $3 for the bird if they paid the $3 for a double coop. 
As hard as it is to get exhibitors to fill in entry forms properly, just makes it all the more important for the entry forms and show rules to be correct to start with.   

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 10:08:33 PM »
I read that to mean that if you enter one bird you pay $3 and they give you a single coop to put him in, but if you want a double coop for that bird, you pay an extra $3...totaling $6 for one bird in a double coop.
Sharon Yorks

DeWayne Edgin

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 10:19:12 PM »
Mike, are you planning on going to this show?

Russ

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 10:23:11 PM »
Hey Debbie hows those Bantams looking? You ready to sell me the Blue one back lol

Debbie

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 11:29:46 PM »
They are looking awesome! The Blue male is going to the show, and possibly the blue female. I've been having some fertility issues,  but am playing around with them to rule a few things out. Excited to see how they do at the show!

Evans

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 03:29:31 AM »
Hello all

Entries will be gladly accepted after June 7th but they are Subject to a $ 10.00 late fee hope to see lots of you there.......

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 08:12:08 AM »
Mike, are you planning on going to this show?

Not a chance.   I'll still be recovering from our own show this Saturday, June 7th, the N.C. District meet.
A show secretary has a lot of paperwork to complete after a show - meet reports mostly.

DeWayne Edgin

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 05:59:29 PM »
Ok thanks Mike.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 01:24:21 PM »
The weather at the Canfield show was once again awesome! Close to 600 birds showed up to strut their stuff. The show producer commented how nice it was to see the number of Ameraucanas pick up from past years. It was nice to once again get a chance to visit with former Northeast District Director, Harold Knapp, who exhibited a black pullet and cockerel. It was also nice to finally meet and talk with Jamie Corey who exhibited a black cock and 4 blues.

In the Open class, there were 14 LF in 3 different varieties, shown by 6 exhibitors, all of which are members. There were 2 more exhibitors entered, but at the last minute couldn’t make it to the show. There were 6 birds in the Black variety. A cockerel I was showing won BV, BB, and then went on to win Champion AOSB. A black pullet shown by Debbie Mock won RV. The best C category went to Jamie Corey, and new member, Rich Snyder, of Country Star Farm took 2nd place K with his black cockerel. Harold’s black pullet won 2nd place P.

In the Blues, there were 7 birds shown by 4 exhibitors. A blue cockerel I was showing won BV and RB. New member, Abby Besida of Sunnyside Up Micro-Farm won RV and best C. Rich Snyder’s blue won 2nd place K and Jamie Corey took home best H and best P honors.

There was only 1 white, which was shown by Debbie Mock. He may not have had any other whites to compete against, but the judge spent a lot of time going back and forth trying to decide the RB between him and the blue. Debbie must have spent a lot of time getting him ready for the show and had him in very nice condition. I'm sorry I couldn't get a better picture of him. As Debbie can testify, many of the birds refused to cooperate and had requested not to be photographed. My knees decided not to argue with them.

In the Open Bantams, there were 5 bantams in 3 different varieties, shown by 3 exhibitors. BV in the blacks went to a Cock, shown by Steven Bozinovich and Kim Munden. The BV in the blue went to Cock, shown by Debbie Mock which also won BB. In the wheatens, BV and RB went to a Cock who refused to have his picture taken, (but can be seen on the cover of the December (2013) winter bulletin) which was shown by Debbie Mock who also had the RV with a Hen.

In the Junior Show, there were 8 LF shown in 3 varieties, by 5 exhibitors. BB and BV went to new member, Hannah Brush, with a white Pullet that also went on to win Champion AOSB. Hannah also won BV, RB, and Reserve AOSB with a black pullet. RV in the blacks was won by a black C which was shown by ABC member Xander Meeks. BV in the AOV went to Hannah Brush, with her golden duckwing C and RV in the AOV went to Xander Meeks with a splash H.

In the Junior Bantams, there were only 2 lavenders which were shown in the AOV by ABC member, Sadie Evans. BV went to her H and RV was won by a C.

Judging the Open LF was Glenn See. The Junior LF was judged by Curtis Oaks, and all of the bantams were judged by Daniel Dysart. All-in-all I thought this was a very nice show to attend and hope to see more members and Ameraucanas there next year.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:48:56 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks

John

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 02:09:38 PM »
Sharon,

Thanks for taking the time to post the detailed report with photos. 

Congratulations, not just to the winners, but everyone that had a good time at the show!

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 09:33:14 PM »
Sharon Congratulations on the win the blue Cooter he looks nice Now the black cockerel looks very nice we did not get his name . And the age of these two are ? 
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance