Author Topic: Lucasville ??  (Read 11510 times)

Russ

Lucasville ??
« on: June 03, 2014, 08:35:49 PM »
I was just looking at Hotels for the Oct National Meet (figure I would break my last minute booking habit) and was just wondering if anybody had any recommendations? Good or bad, knowing my Wife and Kids it will need a pool. Also is there a website, like Fowl Fest or do I have to call David Adkins?

John

Re: Lucasville ??
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 10:03:55 PM »
They have a website, but it isn't working for me tonight.  I looked at it a week or so ago and it listed area hotels/motels.  I booked my room back in December at the Comfort Inn, in Piketon.  The pool is outdoors, so you'll want to shop around.

The 3 listed in their spring show catalog are:
Ameristay in Waverly 1-740-941-4678 ("headquarters motel" w/special rate for "Poultry Show")
Super 8 in Portsmouth 1-740-353-8880
Holiday Inn 1-740-354-7711

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 10:17:28 PM »
Give me a day or two and I will list all of that information for you. I booked mine at the Comfort Inn ($76.50) in Portsmouth, but I want to talk to them again about a possible special rate for Ameraucana members. I stayed at the Ameristay in Waverly last year and it was nice, but it's 16 miles north of the fairgrounds. The price (with the Lucasville Poultry Show discount) for the Waverly Ameristay is $77.40...the Super 8 in Portsmouth is $70. but they are currently remodeling so who knows what condition they will be in. They told me a few days ago that they were getting all new beds and should have everything finished in a month or so. Let me do some more checking and I will post all of the information along with telephone numbers soon. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:19:18 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 01:08:25 PM »
Sharon, how far is the Comfort Inn from the fair grounds?

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 01:57:37 PM »
It's about 7 miles south if I remember right. I will have more extensive and accurate information later this week.
Sharon Yorks

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

John

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 02:37:12 PM »
The Comfort Inn I'm staying at is 14 miles north on US-23.  I see it and two other places are also listed near the back of the spring show catalog.
Days Inn, Wheelersburg 1-740-574-8431
Holiday Inn Express, Portsmouth 1-740-353-3232
Comfort Inn, Piketon 1-740-289-3000

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 07:50:40 PM »
Thanks for the info Sharon and John,Linda and I are looking forward to the meet.

Russ

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 09:53:10 PM »
This is what I was looking at the other night
    http://www.hotelscombined.com/SearchResults.aspx?destination=place%3aLucasville&languageCode=EN&checkin=2014-10-03&checkout=2014-10-05&Rooms=1&Adults_1=2

Thanks for the input and any deals are GREAT, especially since fowl fest is the following weekend and the kids LOVE Zehnders lol

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 01:43:32 PM »
I'm still working on the contact information and possible motel discount for our National Meet. The Southern Ohio Poultry Association's website is still down (and I have notified them) so I can't get a list of the surrounding motels and I have to wait until Monday to talk to the manager of the Comfort Inn. I'll get it posted as soon as I can.

The list I had written down last week was:

Ameristay (Waverly) - 740-941-4678
Comfort Inn (Portsmouth) - 740-353-3232
Super 8 - (Portsmouth) - 740-353-8880
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 01:52:14 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 09:11:02 AM »
We got a room at Comfort Inn in Portsmouth the lady said about 6 miles from the show a king bed for 200.02 for two nights. Told us if we get discount they would let us know she was going to talk to manager today. Also said if u like Steak try the Ribber resturant the best in Ohio so she says.
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 09:49:10 AM »
I just spoke with "Sharon" at the Comfort Inn in Portsmouth and she has agreed to give the Ameraucana Breeders Club a group discount of $72 plus tax ($160.20 for two nights) in either a 2-double beds or 1-king size bed. We have until September 12th to book with a discount, then prices go back up. Contact information below.

Jeff...I got your rate lowered to $160.20. After hanging up, I realized you may have wanted the king size with the whirlpool in it for $100 a night. If so, you'll have to call her back. She has your email so I think she is sending you confirmation. If anyone else has already booked there at a higher rate, call them back and let them know you are with our group to get your rate lowered.

There are fast food places around the motel, but for a sit down restaurant like Bob Evans and the steakhouse Jeff mentioned, you have to drive into Portsmouth about 3 miles. It would be great to have everyone together in one motel. I have not been there, so I can't personally recommend it, but I have spoken to others who have and it sounds like one of the ones to choose if you're going to the show. They have set aside 15 double bed rooms and 10 king-size for us. I told her we may need more, so please let me know if you book a room there.

Comfort Inn
5100 Old Scioto Trail
Portsmouth, OH, 45662
Phone: (740) 353-3232
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:03:23 AM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 09:41:33 AM »
Thanks Sharon they call today and gave us the discount that $40.00 savings sure will help buy some feed .
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

SkiBuny

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 11:42:56 AM »
This isn't about hotels, but it is about the Lucasville show. Does the show require NPIP or anything else? I'm in Montana, and having a heck of a time trying to get NPIP here! My chickens are healthy, and originally from NPIP breeders.

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »
There will be someone there to test birds if you don't have your paperwork with you or able to get them tested prior to the show. You will want to get tested as early as possible in case your bird happens to bleed out a little. That usually doesn't happen too much, but I remember a couple of years ago I had one that bled more than normal. It was kind of messy and could be a little frustrating if your trying to get the bird ready to show. If you've never exposed them to any outside birds, and all of the birds you bought came with NPIP papers, you may be able to just show those papers. Ask them as soon as you get there and maybe you won't have to get your bird poked.

The Southern Ohio Poultry Show (Lucasville producers) website has been down for several days but they ARE aware of it and it should be up and running soon.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:31:03 PM by Sharon Yorks »
Sharon Yorks

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 08:46:15 PM »
Don't forget to get your room booked for this year's National. I hear they fill up quick!
Sharon Yorks