Author Topic: Ivomec  (Read 12134 times)

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Ivomec
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 02:09:28 PM »
I use the pour on Max.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
Pour on.   Cattle strength.

Max

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 02:22:09 PM »
Thanks, guys!
Max Strawn

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 09:44:20 AM »
This one, right?
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 01:11:21 AM »
Yes.

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 10:19:01 PM »
Max that was what I thought with the frontline also but I had not add no new for some time I thank they were just getting immune to the frontline but I do like the Ivomec had the NPIP here last week we caught up ever bird they look great so I have to credit this to the ivomec not the first unwanted bug on them . So I will us the ivomec the next time for sure .
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Michael Newman

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 09:15:28 AM »
I have injectable Ivomec.  Are you guys putting it in the water for worms?  Will that also treat for mites?  I have 200+ birds on my farm and I have a mite issue.  Putting on each bird topically is quite a chore.  Being able to put it in the water would be a life saver!!

Tailfeathers

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 03:35:33 AM »
Mike, if you do a search on here you'll find I posted quite some time back about having a mite infestation.  Brought 'em home from a show.  Had no idea what was wrong as I'd never had mites or lice on my place prior to that.  They spread like wildfire and I fought 'em for 3+yrs. 

Long story short, during that time I tried Ivermectin Eprinex, Pyrethrins, Permethrin, Spidercides, and literally bathing them in DE myself. Sometimes in dosages way over the recommended.  Many, many times I'd knock 'em back to pert near nothing but they'd always come back.  And I swear the mites developed a resistance to the Pyrethins and Permethrins. 

Finally I was Googling and came across an article somewhere about Frontline.  Some scientist was giving a chemical breakdown with percentages of how much Fipronil a human would ingest if they ate the eggs from a bird treated with Frontline.  (Not enough to come close to even worrying about)  So I Googled Frontline and chickens and found a few posts that said to put 3-4 drops down by the vent and a 1-2 drops at the neck. 

I went down to Wal-Mart and they had ProNyl about $20 cheaper than Frontline and it had the exact same ingredients and %% of Fipronil as Frontline.  So I got the dosage for like the 135 lb. dog.  Treated my whole flock (about 150 birds at that time) one Saturday night.  The next day I hardly saw any mites.  By the 3rd day I saw no mites.  I think they recommend treating again after 30 days but I never saw another mite so I didn't.  In fact, I've not seen one since.

God Bless,

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 08:57:34 AM »
That's good information Royce.   I have been using ivermectin for many years, so there is a good chance there could be an immunity build up at some point.  I think I'll give your product a try next time I see mites here. 

Fyremare

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 09:44:25 PM »
It was explained to me to use each as they are intended. Meaning a drench should be ingested, a pour on should be put on the skin and an injectable should be injected. Each type is developed to be used a certain way, and has certain ingredients in it besides the wormer to make the delivery system best suited to each type of use.
Example: Using an injectable on the skin is much less efficient and lowers the ability of the wormer to work the way it was intended, making it much less effective.