Author Topic: Family Reunion  (Read 3190 times)

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
Family Reunion
« on: October 06, 2014, 10:27:23 AM »
The first year I had joined, I remember asking Paul Smith why he would drive over a thousand miles to go to a chicken show. His reply was something along the lines of …Because of the people. That comment never really sank in until this past weekend. I have to say, it felt like a big family reunion with many smiling faces where I was finally able to meet many of those that I had only spoken to previously on the phone…and almost every member there was continually coming over to the table asking if there was anything they could do to help. I also had the chance to talk with every Jr. member there and they seemed to be having a great time. There were many smiles, hand shakes, and hugs, and I want to personally thank everyone for making that experience a wonderful one.

I also want to mention that things got a little hectic when it came time to hand out awards and I want to apologize that people had to wait, but it was amazing how the generous directorial experience of Paul Smith and Jerry DeSmidt was right there on hand when they stepped up and took charge to help get it better organized. It was amazing to watch and has made a lasting impression in my heart forever. They, along with their family members, Angela, Mathew, and Jake…I just can’t say enough great things about them. Thank you SO much!

I also want to thank Jeff & Cheryl Vance from WV and Clif & Linda Reddon from KS for staying around on Sunday to help me get everything packed up and finalized. The ABC truly has some wonderful members who have now become as close to me as family.

I now understand what you meant, Paul.   
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)

Mindy and Tom Best

Re: Family Reunion
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 11:21:47 AM »
It was so nice meeting so many wonderful chicken people from the N S E & W! And thanks for answering so many questions from me, "the girl with a million questions!" ;D

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 01:09:16 PM »
Well the Woodhaven group made it home a little after 10 last night.  Had to do a detour about 20 mins. north of Lucasville because of an accident and got to see a little of southern Ohio.   We too had a great time and enjoyed visiting with our Ameraucana family.A huge Congrats to Camille for her big win,  she sure put a big feather in the Ameraucana breeders hat.

A big hats off to Sharon for the effort she put into making people feel welcome and all the work she put into getting all those wonderful awards and door prizes. It may be a long time before we are treated that great again.

The Lucasville show committee did a great job putting on an A number 1 show.

Hope everyone had a safe trip home and hope to see yall next year.

Jerry and Jake

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 02:07:56 PM »
A huge Congrats to Camille for her big win,  she sure put a big feather in the Ameraucana breeders hat.
Jerry and Jake

How about a little more detail for us who could not make it?   What was the big win?

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 03:14:50 PM »
Black Ameraucana hen  Champion of the show

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 04:10:17 PM »
  Thanks Jerry.   That's really great!    Can't wait to see a photo!    Did you happen to hear how many entries the show had, and how many Ameraucanas?

Sharon Yorks

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sharonyorks.com
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 04:40:49 PM »
The complete report with numbers will be posted as soon as I get clarification on something from the show secretary. Sorry for the delay. 
Sharon Yorks
Mark 11:23

(Don't tell God how big your problem is, tell your problem how big your God is!)