Author Topic: 2015 Ameraucana National Meet Decided  (Read 8743 times)

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
2015 Ameraucana National Meet Decided
« on: October 13, 2014, 10:25:05 PM »
  We have had several e-mails along with the forum poll to help me decide which show to choose for our 2015 national Ameraucana meet.  Many ABC members have proclaimed either show Sedalia, MO. or Fayetteville, ARK.-that they would participate.  A couple have said neither because they are both double judged one day shows.  A few have said both are too far to travel for us to attend.  A few have said one would work out for them but the other one would not work.  I dislike being caught in a no win situation!

Since we have been to Sedalia, MO. twice I have decided to give Jacob Bates an opportunity to host our 2015 national meet at Fayetteville, ARK. at the HOTOPA show on November 7, 2015.  Check out their web site www.hotopa.com .  This is a very well run show in an adequate facility.  They hosted our 2012 district/Ark state Ameraucana meet.  We are planning on showing there Nov. 1, 2014 for our Ark state/special Ameraucana meet.  We will work on the behind the scenes work for our 2015 national while there.  We hope many ABC members will attend!
Paul Smith

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ameraucana National Meet Decided
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 10:05:34 AM »
Great news!

I've always been wanting to attend at least one National and now I should be able to do it!

Even though it's a one day show, plan on making a weekend of it!  Fayetteville and the surrounding area is a great place to visit.  Plenty of hotels, restaurants, campgrounds, shopping, tourist attractions, etc.   Eureka Springs is not far from Fayetteville, and is quite the tourist attraction.  A bit farther south in the state is Hot Springs, another tourist hot spot.  A bit closer to Fayetteville is Devils Den state park if you are into camping and hiking trails.  Take a ride down scenic hwy 23 (aka the Pig Trail), if you want to see some beautiful scenery.  If you are traveling from the NE, Branson, Mo, is along the way.  Lot's of things to do in Branson.

November 7th may be a little late to catch the fall colors though, but who knows with this wacky weather?

Gosh, I hope I can get the ladies to lay this winter!
Sharon
Hubby rues the day he brought the chicks home...

Russ

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 12:28:06 PM »
12hr drive and a year to plan the blair clan is in. Thanks for the early heads up paul

Max

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 01:53:13 PM »
Looking forward to it! And its only 5 hours for me instead of 15 like the trip to Lucasville  :)
Max Strawn

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 03:24:43 PM »
13 hours away, so I'm going to start saving my pennies now. :)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Beth C

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 06:07:59 PM »
17 1/2 for me but only 3 1/2 more to my friend in OKC who've I've been dying to visit, so I'm going to try my best to do a combined trip!

Kali Massey

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 10:10:54 PM »
Thanks for letting us know. Can make commitment now, but hope to be there!  Will be about the same drive--just a little shorter.

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 08:52:37 AM »
Paul and Angela , The Vance's will be there.
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 09:13:57 AM »
Don and other NC, SC, or GA folks who want to go to the 2015 Nationals.  Anyone want to plan on a group trip and share driving and gas expenses?

I know it's early, but something to think about.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 04:37:17 PM »
Sounds like a good idea.  Do you know anyone with a large 15 passenger van we can borrow?  For some reason the intro of the Beverly Hillbillies comes to mind.  You know, the one of the flat bed truck with all their belongings strapped on top.  Mind you, I'm much too young to have seen this as an original broadcast, only on cable reruns.
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 04:47:28 PM »
  Do you know anyone with a large 15 passenger van we can borrow? 

Don, can you clarify? is that 15 passenger for people or birds?
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »
Sounds like a good idea.  Do you know anyone with a large 15 passenger van we can borrow?  For some reason the intro of the Beverly Hillbillies comes to mind.  You know, the one of the flat bed truck with all their belongings strapped on top.  Mind you, I'm much too young to have seen this as an original broadcast, only on cable reruns.

Ok, who has the banjo? ;)

We can rent a van - I don't think it would be that much.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 07:55:45 AM »
Susan, I don't play the banjo but do look around at van rentals and keep me posted of any deals.  I will definitely pencil it in and wait for Paul to give us more info on the show later next month.  We should be able gather several folks from our region.  Anybody between the carolinas and Arkansas?

Gordon,  I was inspired by Paul and others showing displays this year. So I guess that would mean at least 14 LF for me.  So maybe not 15 people/passengers.  But we need to have room for a half dozen folks, a bunch of birds and and yes, room for purchases too.  ...  Maybe it's time to switch to bantams too.
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 05:02:18 PM »
Don, good point. I never thought about the return trip and new purchases. Trailer?
Gordon Gilliam

Beth C

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 02:31:08 PM »
15 passenger van with a trailer hitch! ;)

In most cases I would love to car pool, but I haven't been to OK in years, and I can't come that close & not go visit for a few days, so guess it will just be Fuzz & me this time.