Author Topic: Brown Reds  (Read 11776 times)

DeWayne Edgin

Re: Brown Reds
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 09:19:15 AM »
I had some trouble getting these pictures to post but here are three more.

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 11:27:29 PM »
Great numbers of females to males for winter hatches.  I hope you can send some eggs down to this part of the country.  It would be great to have some of these in numbers at the our shows.  We would have all kinds of folks wanting to raise AMs.    Nice birds! and thanks for the pictures. 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Mindy and Tom Best

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2015, 07:31:50 AM »
Oh no!!!! I am liking this line of birds. ::) Looking good

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2015, 12:39:49 PM »
Here are a few pictures of some of my pullets. I have 16 pullets and 5 hens. I also have a few cocks and pullets from a different line. I will be using 2 differnt lines but i will keep them well marked incase one line does not turn out like i hope. I have 2 pullets that are a little overloaded in color but i am keeping them for the future just incase. Susan if they start laying soon and egg color is good, you may want to build another pen.  ;)

I would really love some brown reds from you, Dwayne!! Let me know how they do
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

DeWayne Edgin

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 08:09:11 PM »
Don would you be interested in getting some? Susan i will let you know as soon as i get them laying and see what happens. Mindy should i keep you in mind to?  :)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 08:59:19 PM »
DeWayne,  I would love some.  I have seen this variety only once, at the National last fall.  However, my wife does not need any more reasons to divorce me.  So I must use what little bit of better judgement I have left.  But having some in the area at Susan's and hopefully some others would be really nice.  I could at least visit them once in a while or at least see them at shows.  I do know one other gentleman just north of us that has been trying to get a start of this variety for many years, and no one had eggs or stock available.  So its really nice that they are beginning to be more spread around.  Its the goal of all of us to see this breed in all its varieties to be more available.  If you have more eggs than you need in the spring, I will ask him to contact you.    But really, thanks for the offer.  I really do think they are very beautiful.  And sounds like they have a lot going for them.
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Mindy and Tom Best

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 09:16:19 PM »
DeWayne, yes please do they are lovely! I dont have a pen plan and may need to wait till spring to start hatching. I am not that far from you. Please keep me posted.

DeWayne Edgin

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 08:58:16 PM »
Mindy were are you located? If we are close enough, i could get you young birds to breed. Don you can ask that guy and i will see what i can do for him. Because of my work schedule, i am not in the directory. I rarely get a chance to ship anything. I have only shipped to a total of 6 people this year and 5 of them got eggs. I had to get help mailing the eggs but i packed them and printed the labels to make it easy for my helpers.

Mindy and Tom Best

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 01:37:14 PM »
DeWayne, I am in Leetonia, Ohio 20 minutes from  the state line. I have a beautiful chicken problem currently and need to be sure I can commit to a different line. The opportunity may not come my way again. My May hatch of LF BBS and LF Blacks created some great birds and my pens are full, including six (out of 10) very nicely growing cockrels. I am needing to grow them out.

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 04:40:37 PM »
Mindy, what a nice problem to have! National entry material? Grow birds grow!
Gordon Gilliam

Mindy and Tom Best

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 07:43:33 PM »
I have several I am pretty excited about.  :) I am trying to be on my best behavior and selecting my words carefully regarding making a 15 hour drive with a few birds in our car. Hahaha