Author Topic: Accumulating points  (Read 6810 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: Re: Points
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 04:27:16 PM »
Just tossing something out there...

This really doesn't have any effect on the conversation about points under personal name vs farm name, but why couldn't we add a category for farm name? Which wouldn't be dependent on the individuals, but would be cumulative for all owners/exhibitors for that farm?

Just thinking outside the box. ;)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

John

Re: Re: Points
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 07:59:57 PM »
but why couldn't we add a category for farm name? Which wouldn't be dependent on the individuals, but would be cumulative for all owners/exhibitors for that farm?

Because it makes more work for the Points Keeper, a volunteer, to have to check farm names to member names.  Shakti already has to check for the names of juniors, that win in junior competition, that may be included in a family membership.

Other then the juniors that win and earn points as juniors under a family membership, everyone else that exhibits under their individual or family membership name earns points under those names.

Stallman's Poultry in the Pines actually has their membership under that farm type name and exhibit birds under it, so they accumulate points under it also.  I believe this is what Jan plans to do, but as I have recommended I believe she should request points she earned in the past under "Jan" be transferred to the new family membership name...which would be the same as her farm name.

Back in April the board members discussed this and although a vote wasn't taken I believe we had a consensus.