Author Topic: BlueBonnet Classic  (Read 3239 times)

Mike Gilbert

BlueBonnet Classic
« on: January 10, 2015, 06:31:35 PM »
I see on FaceBook that someone with a White Ameraucana pullet took Reserve Large Fowl at College Station, Texas, today.   We seem to have the date a week earlier in our meet listings, but this news was posted less than an hour ago by one of the judges.    The winner's name was not listed.   Does anyone know who the exhibitor was?  The LF Whites are starting to win again.   Jerry won on a nice cockerel in Columbus, and Bob Rennolet won at the S.Dakota State Fair this year.   Years ago my entries took BB on white cockerels two years in a row at our ABC National.   I sold them off the second year and have not had any LF whites since that time.   It's good to see them making a comeback. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:36:15 PM by Mike Gilbert »

Peggy Taylor

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Re: BlueBonnet Classic
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 08:46:13 PM »
Yes, the White pullet was shown by Mary Laska from Arp, Texas. She is Ernie Haire's aunt.  Mary and her sister Dorothy are just getting into Ameraucanas as are Ernie and myself.  This pullet was also R CH Large Fowl as well I believe.  I was not able to make the show but talked with Ernie several times over the day. I'm sure one of the exhibitors will have all the results soon. I know Max was also there.

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 09:04:06 PM »
. . . This pullet was also R CH Large Fowl as well I believe.

Yep, that's what I said in my post.   Congratulations to Mary.    Does anyone know the original source of her stock?

Jan

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 05:19:40 AM »
Congrats to th winner.  I love seeing the Ameraucans on top.

Peggy Taylor

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 10:38:31 AM »
Well, it was worth repeating.  It was a nice win for a nice lady.. I do not know the source of the bird.

John

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 12:38:49 PM »
It was a nice win for a nice lady..
And Mary is an ABC member.  She joined last year.

Beth C

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 09:37:43 PM »
Congratulations, Mary!! Love seeing Ameraucanas on champion row!