Author Topic: A Member\'s Birthday is Today  (Read 2775 times)

Suz

A Member\'s Birthday is Today
« on: April 04, 2006, 10:31:26 AM »
Happy Birthday faith valley, aka Patty Pickard!

Hope you have a good day.  Cake all around?

Susie

John

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 10:58:51 AM »
Patty is into ducks...but I think as she matures she is appreciating chickens more and coming to the realization that ducks are all wet!
She has a great website: http://www.faithvalleywaterfowl.com/index.html
Happy Birthday,

faith valley

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 08:10:23 PM »
Alright you guys.  I will have you know that I just went to a show on Saturday and yes, I showed chickens... well only 3 but they were chickens no less.   RB standard Ameraucana, BB and RB bantam Ameraucana.  The little cockerel  bantam in Jrs. took A.O.C.C.L. and the standard in JRs. took BB. Our call ducks did exceptionally well also I might add.

I am even planning to take at least 4 chickens to the Dayton show the end of the month.  But my heart is still into those wet little ducks.

~Patty~

bantamhill

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 08:32:27 PM »
Happy belated Birthday!

Mike Gilbert

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 10:00:39 PM »
Happy birthday Patty!    I have begged my wife to let me have some of those cute little call ducks, but she is unrelenting.    Pastels are my favorites.  Happy Birthday!
Are the silvers laying any eggs for you?   Color?

Mike G.

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 11:06:39 PM »
Happy Birthday Patty,

--Ron

faith valley

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 08:19:29 AM »
Mike, You told me those silvers were going to be wild,  they are the two tamest chickens we have...  They eat treats out of your hand; when you open their pen, they walk right up to you to be picked up.  Nice birds.   Those were the two standards that we showed last weekend.  

Eggs, yes, they are laying - the color is the same as the bantams are laying- that pale bluish color.  

I was training a clerk at that show last weekend, when he got to the Ameraucanas, the judge said,  \"Boy this silver sure has the perfect type, too bad she isn\'t in the standard, like to place her higher.\".... How do I say,\"Gosh, I know that she is in the standard.\"... without him knowing it is one of our birds.....?\"  All I could come up with was, \"You sure have me curious about that now,  now I have to go look it up.\"  I grabbed my standard and showed him the page with the silver on it.  He had already marked the card so he didn\'t change it, but it does make you wonder if she would have gone higher had he remembered that the silvers were a standard color for Ameraucanas.

Judges have a hard job, and I certainly dont fault them for not remembering every variety-I certainly couldn\'t remember them all.  He was a great judge and it was fun to spend the day working with him.

~Patty~