Author Topic: Southwest Meet, Lets make it happen ! :)  (Read 2571 times)

Cesar “CJ”

• ABC Members
  • One is just not enough
    • View Profile
Southwest Meet, Lets make it happen ! :)
« on: March 03, 2015, 09:46:14 PM »
How does someone go about creating a southwest meet? I would like to organize a big meet annually to help support breeders and exhibitors in the southwest region of the country. I think this can helps breeders know what and what not to look for, obtain new stock, make good friends and to have a blast showing this awesome breed.

I think the closest meet we have here in the southwest is Stockton. This show would be for Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, West Texas, Utah or anyone who wants to make the drive.

Also does it have to be a specialty show or in conjunction with another show already established.

I know there are downloading instructions, and stuff which makes no sense to me.  There is a term we used in the Marines. "Barney Style" after the kids show icon.  If someone can explain to me "Barney style" I would appreciate it !  :)

V/r

Cesar

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
Re: Southwest Meet, Lets make it happen ! :)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 11:19:48 PM »
All you have to do is request a meet for the show.  I am already in the process of getting show information for that show.  It has been moved to Modesto though.

I plan to place a State Meet there.

Each State may have one meet per year, but you can have as many "special meets" in a State that you would like to request as long as you think there will be at least three members of the Club that will attend.  You might want to take a peek at the meet policy.  We are in the process of tweeking it a bit right now, but nothing major will change.

Each District Director will chose a meet for the District meet each year.  And, the National rotates around the Districts.  It is coming back to our District next year.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Jean