Author Topic: National Meet - Nov 7-8, 2015  (Read 24700 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
National Meet - Nov 7-8, 2015
« on: July 21, 2015, 12:05:36 PM »
National Meet at
Heart of the Ozarks Poultry Show, Fayetteville, AR
placed by District Director Paul Smith
http://www.hotopa.com/
Heart of the OzarksPoultry Club
Contact: mailto:jakeab42@hotmail.com"  Jacob Bates, 479.965.5222
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Jan

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
Re: National Meet - Nov 7-8, 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 07:54:42 AM »
Jacob said get your entries in early. Since a lot of shows have canceled up North a lot of people are planning on showing there.

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 08:39:40 AM »
Released two days ago from the Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission:

"Due to the anticipated high risk period for the introduction of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza into domestic poultry this fall, the following requirements for poultry exhibitions/events/sales are effective September 1, 2015 and will remain in effect until further notice.

1.  The exhibition of waterfowl at poultry events (fairs, shows, exhibitions, swap meets, sales, etc...) is prohibited.

2.  All out of state poultry entering Arkansas for exhibition or public sale/auction must have a negative Avian Influenza Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test within 30 days of exhibition/sale.

3.  All out of state poultry entering Arkansas for exhibition or sale must be accompanied by a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection.

4.  All poultry must be Pullorum/Typhoid (PT) negative within 90 days of exhibition/public sale or originate from an NPIP PT Clean Flock with documenation (90 day certificate or NPIP Certificate)."

Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 10:19:31 AM »
That should open extra room at this show.  It has always had a good number of waterfowl shown.
Sharon
Hubby rues the day he brought the chicks home...

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 10:35:37 PM »
Sharon, did you hatch some nice birds again this year?

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 11:03:02 AM »
Sharon, did you hatch some nice birds again this year?

Hard to say at this point.  I'm still letting some grow waiting to see the outcome.  That's why it's so hard to register early when you don't know for sure yet what you will show.
I was concentrating more on BW/W this year than BBS and I like the looks of a couple, but there is always some quirk you wish wasn't there.  I may not have anything in BBS(kept very few) unless I show an adult, if I don't sell it first.   Already sold a nice blue cockerel that I was going to show if he didn't sell, but he went quick.  Keeping a bunch of cockerels and growing them out is expensive, so I'm having to sell early.  I may keep a couple and see how they turn out to either show or sell at the show.  Anyway, it will likely be a small number that I show this year.
Sharon

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 02:17:24 PM »
I would like to have a nice blue cock or cockrerel. I wouldn't mind to pay a good price for one with good color,comb and no leakage. If you have put my name on him, I'll pick him up at the show.

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 08:29:26 PM »
I would like to have a nice blue cock or cockrerel. I wouldn't mind to pay a good price for one with good color,comb and no leakage. If you have put my name on him, I'll pick him up at the show.

Well, I have one blue cockerel left.  Was considering keeping him a bit longer since I still haven't decided if I should keep him or not.  Don't see any leaks as of yet and he does have a nice comb.  I'm trying to reduce the number of males I keep here and having a hard time deciding who to keep, etc.  So, if I don't keep him and nothing pops up, I will bring him to the show.
Sharon

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »
Thank you your such a good girl.
By the way I hope everything is good with you and yours.

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 11:13:38 AM »
If anyone would like to donate "specials" for the National Meet, it is probably a good time to get in touch with Susan and get it done.  That way we can let others know it is available.

Jean

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 08:09:24 PM »
What are "specials"?
Sharon

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 09:59:37 PM »
Generally they are a monetary award given by a member for a specific color variety or for youth made by our members.
Jean

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 04:41:27 AM »
With all the health requirements who is coming to the show with birds? I am not sure if I am going to make it or not.

jwoodhaven

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.woodhavenpoultry.com
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 08:08:17 PM »
I am going to make it to the nationals all the tests came back neg. now entries are going to be sent in in the morning.

I will have bantam in whites, wheatens, blue wheatens, and splash wheaten for sale along with large fowl blues and blacks

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 12:50:24 PM »
I am going to make it to the nationals all the tests came back neg. now entries are going to be sent in in the morning.

I will have bantam in whites, wheatens, blue wheatens, and splash wheaten for sale along with large fowl blues and blacks

That will be the first time I've seen bantam Ameraucana showing in Fayetteville or selling for that matter.  I've seen many bantam, but not this breed.  You may get some buyers at the show.  You could even consider listing locally for that weekend (I'm surprised at how many area folk are not even aware a show is held yearly) if you aren't averse to selling to non breeders/members.
Sharon