Author Topic: National Meet - Nov 7-8, 2015  (Read 24701 times)

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Re: National Meet - Nov 7-8, 2015
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 06:57:01 PM »
Can't wait to see all my chicken buddy's at the Nationals . We are wanting to meet Sharon Caywood for sure and talk wheatens ?
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2015, 10:19:48 PM »
  Our ABC national meet at Fayetteville, Arkansas entry deadline is Friday Oct. 23 at midnight!  The PT papers must be sent in with entries, but the AI test results and official state vet inspection health papers may be brought to the show when you bring your birds.

Help support the ABC by bringing some good Ameraucanas.  Remember we have an egg contest and a silent auction.

Our entries are in the mail.  The 40 head of Ameraucanas were tested Tuesday Oct. 20.  The results are not here yet, but will be before we leave for the show.

If you haven't found a vet that will do the required AI test, Jacob Bates 1-479-965-5222 says that if you have over 30 head in your flock-30 samples may be collected, if you have less than 30 head-every bird must be tested.  Individual swaps may be placed in a baggie.  Then bag ten of them in one bag.  They must be express sent over night and on ice to an Arkansas lab.  The test cost $1/head-$30.  Special swabs are required.  No wood sticks and they are not cotton.  This could cut the cost considerably over the birds being vet tested!
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2015, 09:05:08 AM »
  Important News Flash!

Just talked with Jacob Bates 1-479-965-5222 he will still take entries without the extra service charge for the late fee!  If you tested at least 30 head for the AI you can enter/bring more without them being tested!  If you have already entered you can still enter more!  Presently there are about 100 Ameraucanas-half of what I had hoped for! 

Presently we have entered 24 for Angela & I, plus Matthew is showing 11 for a total of 35.  I'll check to see if we have a few more to bring!

Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 09:25:49 AM »
      News Update!

It has been decided that the cash awards for our ABC national will be:

OPEN SHOW

Champion Ameraucana  $50

Reserve Ameraucana  $25

High Point  $50

8 recognized plus Best AOV BV in both bantam and large fowl  $10

8 recognized plus reserve AOV RV in both bantam and large fowl  $5

Traveled Farthest  $25

JUNIOR SHOW

High Point  $25

There are 50 plaques for the above place winners-plus Arne Schmidtz traveling plaque to the BV buff large fowl and the Champion Bantam traveling plaque.  The board voted 100% in favor of a new traveling plaque-national high point.  This will go to the one scoring the most ABC points at the Fayetteville national show.  This will be the show that Dr. Bill Patterson judges, as the birds are judged twice.  The Arkansas state meet will be the other judging.  This plaque will continue for 15 ABC national meets.

In addition to the 53 plaques are the egg show awards built by Jean Ribbeck.  They are very nice!  Don't forget to bring egg entries!  They consist of 6 eggs, either hen or pullet for both bantam and large fowl.

The junior show also has special rosettes for BV and RV for the 8 recognized and AOV class.

The awards are plentiful!  Hope everyone who enters birds win some!
Check with Jacob Bates 1-479-965-5222 to see about still getting entered!

Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 09:13:52 PM »
  The final cut off for the extended entry dead line is Friday morning.  Jacob Bates will be printing the coop cards Friday and the show will be set-up Sunday.  Don't miss out on this show as it is the show of shows for our great breed!  We have increased Angela & my entries by two and four more for Matthew.
Paul Smith

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 09:31:39 PM »
I wish I was going!!
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 07:13:07 AM »
  Talked with Jacob Bates last night.  The Fayetteville show which usually has 1200 head is down to just over 500 head due to the AI situation.

Presently there are 76 head large fowl and 22 bantam Ameraucanas in the open class and 15 large fowl in the junior show, with no bantams.  A total of 113 Ameraucanas-over 20% of the entire show!

This still will be the show of shows for the ABC.  I can only imagine how difficult the black classes will be for the two judges to judge!  With breeders like Jerry DeSmidt, Max Strawn, Clif Redden, Sharon Caywood, Jan Geis, Angela Smith & I, plus hopefully some others the classes will be extremely interesting to analyze!  To late to enter after today, but try to come see the best that the US has to offer and bring some eggs for the egg show!
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2015, 09:16:20 PM »
  Jacob Bates called to let me know that due to the low number of entries that they are going to offer inside sale coops at $2 each to anyone that wants them.
Paul Smith

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 10:10:23 PM »
Sharon please give us a weather update out your way?
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

greeneggsandham

• ABC Members
  • Colleague
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 10:05:15 AM »
Sharon please give us a weather update out your way?

Weekend is supposed to be clear and cool.  It's rainy today, so won't be able to work on my birds.  Clearing tomorrow.  I guess I will be scrambling tomorrow with final details and bring them out tomorrow night.
Anyway, clear for the weekend with lows in the 30's and high's near 60.
Sharon
Hubby rues the day he brought the chicks home...

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 11:18:48 PM »
We came across the Ozarks in a severe rain storm,  visibility was zero to none.  But we have made it here,   Will be at the fairgrounds tomorrow afternoon.  If you need anything just let us know.
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 06:22:30 PM »
Good luck to everyone showing! Can't wait to see pictures of all the beautiful birds!
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Jean

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pipsandpeeps.com
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2015, 12:56:16 AM »
Have a great show, wish I were there.
Jean

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2015, 11:48:27 PM »
The National was great! I had a really good time visiting with everyone. Max  won BB, BV and AOSB with a great Black cockerel.  Max's cockerel went on to win Res in show. It was some of the best competition I've seen at any show, everybody had some nice birds. The egg competition was a  lot of fun, Jeff Vance and Sharon Caywood judged the bantam eggs. Max Strawn and I judged the  LF.  It took us a while , well Jeff and Sharon were pretty fast but Max and I weren't , but we did get done with Tonya Strawn ' s help. ( Thanks Tonya )  On the egg note Jean really  did a great job on the eggs that she made for awards. Thank you Jean!  This year's plaques are also very nice and I know Paul Smith spent a whole lot of time making them. Thank you Paul, Angela and Matthew. I know it was a family  effort.  You guys are great! I would also like to thank all the people that came to the show.  Because of your dedication the show was a huge success. I would also like to thank Jacob Bates and all the people that put the show together.  There was a lot of planning and labor. ( Thank you guys very much )

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2015, 09:52:59 PM »
Home from the National show and back doing chores at home. Thank you Paul, Angela and Matthew for all the hard work to host the Show. Your efforts months before and the day of the show made it great. Avian Flu and all couldn't stop you. Once again I had the opportunity to meet and talk chicken with some new and old friends. It was great to see Pres. Clif again and to see him doing well. Leadership was well represented with the attendance of directors Paul, Jerry and Don. Don Cash, Jeff and Cheryl Vance need applauded for the many miles that they drove to the nationals. Max and Tonya Strawn showed some really great birds as the judges will attest. Max , my advise, keep looking over your shoulder as there were a number of other exhibiters behind you with great birds. Yes the Ameraucanas really took over the show not only in numbers but overall quality. Thanks to all the Ameraucana exhibiters that brought great birds and were a credit to our breed and our club. The only negative note from the show was SUSAN WE MISSED YOU. I pray your surgery went well and start that rehab so we can meet at the next show down the road.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:55:43 PM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam