Author Topic: South East District Meet Dec 5, 2015  (Read 10119 times)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
South East District Meet Dec 5, 2015
« on: November 16, 2015, 12:26:24 PM »
There is still plenty of time for entry and reservations into the SE District meet the first Saturday of December.  This is a double show which also includes the South Carolina State meet so there will be plenty of chances for point winnings.  Susan has confirmed that we can P/T test at the door for anyone that has not completed NPIP for the year.  And there are not requirements for AI testing.  There is a $50 cash award for Champion Ameraucana and hopefully there will be both bantam and LF in various classes.   

Its a great place to show your birds, lots closer than the National in Arkansas.  So plan your entries and come on up/down to the South state and enjoy some good competition and fellowship.  We look forward to seeing you there.   

The show catalog can be found at this link
                http://www.spba.club/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:37:17 PM by Don »
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: South East District Meet Dec 5, 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 01:49:12 PM »

Its a great place to show your birds, lots closer than the National in Arkansas.  So plan your entries and come on up/down to the South state and enjoy some good competition and fellowship.  We look forward to seeing you there.     

Don, closer for some, not for me(1200 miles). If it were a tad closer I would be tempted to come. I hope you have a great turnout. I hear SC has some pretty nice Ameraucanas.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:52:16 PM by Birdcrazy »
Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 02:19:53 PM »
Gordon,  I appreciate your interest and I understand your decision to not be on the road for 2 full days.  We will miss you for sure.  I looked at one show that I would love to attend and it was Only 34 hrs drive for us. It really is a Big country when you start to look at driving.  So I keep hoping that they will come up with the transporter we've seen in Star Trek for about 30 years now.  Come on Apple or Google, stop worrying with the self driving car, and lets get some serious transportation going.

Regarding the good birds in SC, there are a few more after last weeks National.  I hear that that male unfolded from that cat crate nicely and is doing quite good.  I expect he might just be good competition at the show.  I threatened to sell him to make some money.  But I thought the new owner was going to cry, so I had to assure them safe passage.   
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:23:46 PM by Don »
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 03:58:12 PM »
Don, Glad to hear of safe passage for yourself and the new birds home. About that transporter for the future, until then, I don't suppose that the club has enough in the treasury for a corporate jet for loan to use for show transportation? 34 hours on the road with birds, that's not a dream, that's a nightmare!
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 04:11:01 PM »
Gordon,  I appreciate your interest and I understand your decision to not be on the road for 2 full days.  We will miss you for sure.

Aww, c'mon Gordon!  What's a short 2 day drive among friends? 

Regarding the good birds in SC, there are a few more after last weeks National.  I hear that that male unfolded from that cat crate nicely and is doing quite good.  I expect he might just be good competition at the show.  I threatened to sell him to make some money.  But I thought the new owner was going to cry, so I had to assure them safe passage.   

LOL!  I thought when I ordered that "cat crate" that it was a big taller.  He sure was glad to get out and stretch his muscles!  And he's looking mighty fine now!  Look out all AOSB entries...competition is coming!  lol

Yes, I would have cried if you had sold him, but I would have attended your funeral. ;)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 04:23:06 PM »
Gordon,  I appreciate your interest and I understand your decision to not be on the road for 2 full days.  We will miss you for sure.

Aww, c'mon Gordon!  What's a short 2 day drive among friends? 

LOL!  I thought when I ordered that "cat crate" that it was a big taller.  He sure was glad to get out and stretch his muscles!  And he's looking mighty fine now!  Look out all AOSB entries...competition is coming!  lol

Yes, I would have cried if you had sold him, but I would have attended your funeral. ;)

I'm not totally recovered from the short trip to the Nationals and back home 900+ miles and a few hours at the show all in 1-1/2 days. ( Drove all Fri night to show) Susan, it sounds like you are crowing louder than your new rooster! Maybe I should have asked you about the corporate jet for show loan since you write the checks.
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 04:53:08 PM »
I am!  Prouder than a peacock I am.  LOL

Corporate jet?  I don't think Finance will approve that, but I'll check with them.

"Hello, corporate finance?"
"Yes"
"Can we buy a corporate jet to shuttle members around to the various shows?"
click

sorry, Gordon...I think that was a no.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 04:57:29 PM »

Here is a link to the catalog: http://ameraucana.org/docs/Low%20Country%20Fall%20Classic.pdf

If anyone has any problem downloading it, email me at info@ameraucana.org and I'll email them a copy.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 09:51:11 PM »
Susan I try to pull some tail feathers out but just couldn't bring myself to do it . Gordon come on out I will give you my traveling award.
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 02:23:58 PM »
Susan I try to pull some tail feathers out but just couldn't bring myself to do it . Gordon come on out I will give you my traveling award.

You wouldn't!!  Gasp!

LOL
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 12:11:44 AM »
Jeff, if you would have pulled the tail feathers out, I might have come to the show. one to see if you were still alive, 2 maybe to help defend you. Does anyone know if Susan has a temper? From what I hear Jeff you would have been safe until her knee heals up!
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 08:29:58 AM »
Jeff, if you would have pulled the tail feathers out, I might have come to the show. one to see if you were still alive, 2 maybe to help defend you. Does anyone know if Susan has a temper? From what I hear Jeff you would have been safe until her knee heals up!

a temper?  Me?  Nay, me boy. I'm just a Scottish lass with a red glint in her hair and a fire in her belly.

But, then I take a Tums and it's all ok again.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 04:47:53 PM »
Susan, I used to have flaming red hair and I'm sure a temper went with it. Spent most of my life with it, got teased and perhaps that's where the temper flared up. Now has gone thru the blond stage and silver taking over. Yes, I too still have the fire in my belly, and fortunately the tums still help me too!
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 06:04:33 PM »
Tums are such wonderful things.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Jeffery and Cheryl Vance

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 07:32:58 PM »
Gordon,    I just love our secretary. Isn't she just so nice?  it sure was nice to meet you at the show.  Cheryl seems to think I am a little partial to you wheaten breeders!
Jeffery and Cheryl Vance