Author Topic: Shawnee meet  (Read 11301 times)

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Shawnee meet
« on: November 22, 2015, 11:44:09 PM »
I'm looking forward to the Shawnee meet. I heard 29 exibibator had to  be turned away, because the number limit was reached.
I hope all you Ameraucana people got your entries in before it closed. If there are some ABC members that aren't showing, or if you have an interest in Ameraucanas, come on out and join us. Somebody might  even some chickens fore sale. I pray that each one of you have a safe trip to and from the show. GOD BLESS you and yours.

Bear River Farm

Re: Shawnee meet
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 08:41:51 AM »
So sad to be missing this meet.  We went last year and it is one of our all time favorites!  Unfortunately the first year of junior high sports has taken over our lives this year.  Basketball and the AI kept us from Arkansas this year too.  We even missed 2 local shows...  Hopefully we can get back to bird shows soon.  Have a great time at Shawnee!

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 01:21:40 PM »
We entered the show. We have not heard anything from them regarding not being accepted. I can only assume that our entries were accepted. This is one of our favorite shows. If our entries were accepted and the Lord is willing, we will be there.

We pray that everyone has safe travels. We look forward to seeing everyone at the show.

Ernie

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »
We are trying to get everything done around here so we can leave for Shawnee on Friday. We will be bringing Ameraucanas, Speckled Sussex, and Bielefelders. Between Mom, Aunt Mary, and myself we will have a trailer load. We hope to get there early enough on Friday to get everything unloaded without struggles. The rains have let us around here so maybe the ground will dry up between now and time to load chickens. If not, we will be busy, busy, busy trying to get chickens ready for the show.

Shawnee is one of our favorite shows. We always seem to come home from  that show with more than we took. It is a great place to sell birds if you have extras and/or buy birds if you need to add to your program.  If you are planning on attending the show let us know. Whether coming to Shawnee to exhibit Ameraucanas, other breeds, or just coming to enjoy the weekend let us know. We will be looking for you there. We are looking foward to seeing visiting with everyone. We are praying that everyone have safe travels.

Be Blessed,
Ernie
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:36:05 PM by Ernie Haire »

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 10:32:58 AM »
We had a great time at Shawnee this past weekend. It was nice to be able to see all of the Ameraucanas and visit with our friends. We were blessed to meet some new breeders who are not showing, but came up for the show anyway.

I am not sure how many Ameraucanas were there, but we were well represented by a nice set of birds. I am sure that Paul and Angelia will post the results later. We are blessed to be able to travel and spend time with people who share like interests. Congratulations to everyone who exhibited and/or attended the show.

Be Blessed,
Ernie Haire

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 08:39:44 PM »
I agree Ernie,  Shawnee is always a lot of fun.  I too enjoyed visiting with everyone, I was truly blessed this year, I'm looking forward to next year.

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 09:45:30 PM »
  The South Central District meet held at the Oklahoma State Poultry Federation Show in Shawnee on Dec. 12, 2015 was a huge success.  This was the largest SC district meet that the ABC has ever had!  We had 88 large fowl shown in the open class by 8 exhibitors from 3 states, 18 large fowl shown in the Jr. class by 5 Jr. exhibitors for a total of 95 large fowl.  There were 13 bantams shown in the open class by 2 exhibitors who also showed LF, and 2 EELs bantams in the Jr. show.

In the open show there were 35 head of blacks shown by 5 exhibitors.  Jan Geis of M & J Farm dominated the blacks-winning first in every class and also second in the cockerel and pullet classes.  Jan’s pullet was selected BV and her hen RV.  Jan’s black pullet also won  best of breed and reserve AOSB.   Twenty-two head of blues were shown in the four classes of blues by 5 exhibitors.  Jan Geis also won BV and RB on a blue cockerel.  Max Strawn had RV on a blue pullet. 

Four blue wheatens were shown by 2 exhibitors.  Max Strawn won BV on a pullet and Paul & Angela Smith had RV on a cockerel.  Twenty-three whites were shown by 2 exhibitors.  Ernie Haire won BV on a cockerel and RV on a cock.  In the AOV classes there were 3 head of splash.  Paul & Angela Smith had BV on a pullet and Ernie Haire had RV on a cockerel.  There was only one self blue/lavender exhibited by Paul & Angela Smith.  Melody Jonas judged the large fowl open show.

It is great to see some ABC members working with the bantams in the SC district!  Ernie Haire showed 7 whites.  Ernie’s cockerel won BV and RB, his pullet was RV.  Peggy Taylor showed 3 blue wheatens and 3 wheatens.  Peggy’s blue wheaten pullet was selected BV and her cockerel RV.  Peggy’s wheaten pullet won BV and best of breed.  Her cockerel won RV.  Dwayne Jonas judged the open bantams and the Jr. Ameraucanas.  Dwayne Jonas and his wife Melody selected the large fowl black pullet shown by M & J Farm as champion Ameraucana and the blue cockerel also shown by Mike and Jan Geis as reserve champion Ameraucana.  Jan was awarded a rosette and $50 by the ABC and champion and res. Plaques furnished by Paul & Angela Smith.

There were 10 blacks in the large fowl Jr. show.  Trenton Summers won BV with his cockerel which also won BB and reserve AOSB.  The RV black and reserve breed was a pullet shown by Dillon Brown.  There was one Jr. large fowl that was DQ in the white class.  Matthew Smith showed all the remaining Jr. large fowl.  Matthew’s white pullet-BV; self blue/lavender pullet BV and cockerel RV; splash cockerel BV; blue pullet BV; the wheaten hen and blue wheaten pullet were consolidated with the blue wheaten pullet BV and the wheaten hen RV.

We held a SC district meeting to see what show would be best suited for our 2016 district meet.  Since I have been director, it has been in Shawnee every year except two when it was in Sedalia, MO., and Fayetteville, Ark.  Fayetteville was discussed but it is the same weekend as our national in Caldwell, Idaho.  Sedalia, MO. was considered but due to the possibility of State regulations restraints and distance of travel for some it was dismissed. Tulsa, OK. was also considered, but due to it being so early and a State Fair it was dismissed.  Knoxville, Tenn. was discussed and dismissed due to distance.  Unanimously the group decided to set Shawnee, OK as our 2016 SC district meet.  2016 will be their 100th year of the Shawnee Show and it is expected to be even larger than this year’s show!

Sorry this report is late.  Have been swamped with work and a hatch since the completion of the show!  We will post photos of all the BV and RV ASAP!  It takes several hours to crop and post the photos.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 07:48:29 PM by Paul »
Paul Smith

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 11:14:57 PM »
Paul, it sounds like there was pretty stiff competition for the South Central District meet. This was great for our breed and the club as long as no black eyes or bruises were distributed. From your report this could well have been our second National meet of the year. Congratulations to all the winners and those that showed Ameraucanas. As at the National show, I'm sure there were many nice birds that didn't receive BV or RV but were very competitive. Thanks Paul for the report and I can't wait to see the pictures.
Gordon Gilliam

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 10:51:16 PM »
Thanks Paul and Angelia for getting this report done for us. We all enjoy showing poultry and visiting with people who have like interests. We also know that there are soooo many things that go on behind the scenes to make our shows and meets successful.  You all work hard to promote Ameraucanas and the ABC.  We appreciate all of the work that all of our ABC leaders do for this breed and this club.

Be Blessed,
Ernie Haire
Poultry2XL
Arp, Texas

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 10:03:26 AM »
Congratulations to all the winners!  Glad there was a good showing in Both LF and Bantams.  Especially good entries for this time of year.  Sounds like it was a great show.  Keeping the breed in the forefront in this part of the country again.   Thank you Paul and company for the great report too. 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 07:52:03 PM »
  Oops!  I made a mess on the SC district meet report.  The correct number of white LF is 23 not 12.  I left out the 11 head of pullets.  Thanks Ernie for catching my error.  The correct number of LF Ameraucanas shown was 88 in the open show.  The corrections have been made!
Paul Smith

Max

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 09:25:07 PM »
Congrats to all the winners! By the way, I predicted who would win BB a month before the show (right Susan) ;) ;)
Max Strawn

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 04:35:14 PM »
Open Class Large Fowl Photos of winning birds

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:47:10 PM by Paul »
Paul Smith

Paul

• ABC Members