Author Topic: Pelican State Classic Show in Haynesville, LA.  (Read 4792 times)

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Pelican State Classic Show in Haynesville, LA.
« on: December 05, 2015, 07:18:08 PM »
We just got home from the Pelican State Show in Haynesville, LA. It is always a nice show put on by a great group of people. This year was no exception. We were disappointed that there were more Ameraucana exhibitors there. I thought that some of our friends from Texas and Louisiana would be there. I guess with Knoxville this weekend and Shawnee next weekend, people decided to rest this weekend.

I was blessed to get Best of Breed and Best AOSB with one of my White hens and Mom was Reserve Best of Breed with a Black hen. Mary had Best of Variety with a Blue hen and Reserve Best of Variety with her Blue cock bird.This is the first time in a quite a few years that an Ameraucana has won Champion AOSB at that show, it usually goes to an Araucana or a Sumatra. A Sumatra did win Reserve Champion AOSB today.

We had a great time visiting with old friends and meeting new people. Poultry shows are always fun. We look forward to seeing everyone next weekend at Shawnee.

Be Blessed,
Ernie     

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Pelican State Classic Show in Haynesville, LA.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 07:57:43 PM »
Here are the two hens that won at the Pelican State Classic today. I hope that I am attaching these pictures correctly.

Ernie

Paul

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 08:10:37 PM »
Congratulations on your wins!  Your birds look good!
See you next weekend at Shawnee-our South Central District Meet!
Paul Smith

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 06:14:16 PM »
Congratulations on your wins at the Pelican State Classic. It's great to see Ameraucanas take Champion AOSB. This is starting to be a habit at shows. Great job!
Gordon Gilliam

Cesar “CJ”

• ABC Members
  • One is just not enough
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 11:14:41 PM »
Here are the two hens that won at the Pelican State Classic today. I hope that I am attaching these pictures correctly.

Ernie

Ernie, your white is gorgeous. Where did you get your starts with the whites?

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 12:16:45 AM »

When we decided to add Ameraucanas to our poultry program, Mom wanted Blacks, Aunt Mary wanted Blues, and I wanted Whites.  Thankfully, we were able to get nice Blacks and Blues from Paul and Angela Smith, Max Strawn, and Clif Reddin. We have been very pleased with the birds that we bought from all three of these breeders.

Whites were a different story. We searched and searched. The few that we were able to find at shows were not for sale. I asked one of the judges at a show to keep his eyes open and let me know when he found some nice White Ameraucanas. One evening, I got an email from him and he told me if I was still interested to contact Bridgett Riddle in California. She said that she was going to sell out of her White Ameraucanas. We were able to get her last two trios. I am not sure where she got her start. We were very pleased with both trios and have really enjoyed breeding and showing them.

Thanks,

Clif Redden

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 12:56:38 AM »
Congratulations to all three of you! Your birds look very good. See you at Shawnee.