Author Topic: Southwestern Expo and Livestock Show in Ft Worth, Texas  (Read 2370 times)

Ernie Haire

• ABC Members
  • Associate
    • View Profile
Southwestern Expo and Livestock Show in Ft Worth, Texas
« on: January 10, 2016, 07:46:04 PM »
We are looking forward to showing in Ft Worth the next couple of weekends. This has always been a nice show. We enjoy seeing all of our poultry friends and meeting new ones. This poultry show is held in conjunction with the Southwestern Exposition and Livestock Show. There will be thousands of people through the barns every day. Some of them are poultry fanciers and others are just curious. Either way, it is a chance to meet people, make new friends, and educate the public.

The Junior Show and the Open Show have always been held at the same time in the same barn. The last couple of years have had so many entries that coops had to be double stacked. Some of the Juniors were not able to reach their birds on the top row of the coops. The "Powers That Be" decided that it would be better to have the Junior Show and the Open Show on different weekends. The Juniors will be showing the first weekend and the Open Show will be held the following weekend. It will be interesting to see how that plays out because so many of the Junior exhibitors travel with parents and/or grandparents who show in the Open Shows. I know of several Junior exhibitors who will still be showing in the Open Show.

I only have one student who will be taking a set of birds this next weekend to the Junior Show. I hope to get more of my students interested in showing poultry next year.

We will be back the next weekend for the Open Show. We are looking forward to seeing everyone at Ft Worth in a couple of weeks.

Be Blessed,
Ernie Haire

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Southwestern Expo and Livestock Show in Ft Worth, Texas
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 09:12:33 PM »
Good luck on your trip to the Southwestern Expo and Livestock Show. Sounds like quite a show. Do you know about how many entries they expect? Thank you for encouraging and working with those junior showmen (or gals). That is the future of our breed and club.

Gordon Gilliam