Author Topic: Forsyth Show in Winston-Salem NC, entries close soon  (Read 4052 times)

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Forsyth Show in Winston-Salem NC, entries close soon
« on: March 15, 2016, 09:24:21 AM »
I hope many of you can make it out to the show March 26.  I know its another show on Easter Weekend.  That's what happens when your show is always the last weekend in March.  If Easter would just stay on a predictable tract.  Come on out to the show to talk AMs and hope some of you can show as well.  It is spring, Anyone up for an egg show at this one?

And Greensboro is a few weeks after that if can make that one too.    Good Luck and hope to see you there! 
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
Re: Forsyth Show in Winston-Salem NC, entries close soon
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 11:36:53 AM »
Sure which I had something in condition to show.  But they've been in breeder pens since February and are looking a little ragged.  lol
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 10:42:07 AM »
Mine are in breeding pens too, so they will not look their best.  But I hope to show the best that are in the best shape and enjoy the show.  Its as much about promoting the Breed and enjoying the fellowship and meeting new people as anything.   So come on out and see some good birds and enjoy some folks that are interested in AMs, and there may be a few other breeds there too, but we probably won't notice them.
Don Cash

Michelle Ogden

• ABC Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 04:55:11 PM »
Don-
I'd love to come towards the end of the show and meet up with you (and anyone else!). We've got a church activity that morning. If I showed up around noon, would that be too late? I'm not quite familiar with individual show timing yet... I think I showed up at noon to Greensboro last year?

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 10:05:25 PM »
It is a single show but even then it usually lasts until early to mid afternoon.  So I would guess most of us should still be there at 12p.   I am hoping that some folks that aren't showing will at least come out to visit.  I don't know when some of them might be around for sure.     See you Saturday!   
Don Cash

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 07:46:24 AM »
The FFF spring show was a great show and the weather was perfect for the event.  The show had a total of 800 entries with the smallest percentage of entries in LF.  Ameraucanas were well represented by 5 exhibitors.
   In LF the BB was a Black Cock that went on to be Reserve AOSB.  This bird was shown by a non member but is form the Kernen line of AMs.  Reserve of Breed was a Wheaten Cock by Maggie Maier.  The numbers in LF were below normal.  Several of the breeders that might normally show at this event had previous family engagements because of the Easter weekend Holiday.
   But the Bantam entries were up a bit with entries in Birchen, Buff, Silver, Self Blue and Wheaten.  The judge initially placed the Wheaten as Best of Breed and the Self Blue as Reserve of Breed.  We discussed the non-standard placement and the Silver was decided to be Reserve of breed instead. 
   Both exhibits of birds were given good locations in the show with better lighting and visibility than at some locations.  There were a number of folks not showing that came by to talk AMs and enjoy the show.  It was good to meet a few new people that have a few AMs and hope that they can exhibit birds in the future.

Greensboro NC Southern Hospitality show is about two weeks, Saturday April 9.  I hope there will be a good showing for AMs there as well.  We have a family event that day, but are working to find someway to bring birds for the show anyway.  Anyone that is interested in the Breed is welcome to come out and enjoy the show and talk about the Breed.  I think you will find plenty of friendly folks in the AM isle to talk with you about the Breed. 
      00000    Anyone up for an egg show at this show?   @@@@@ 
Don Cash