Author Topic: Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Show, 11/26/16, Winston-Salem, NC  (Read 9283 times)

Temple DaSilva

Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Show, 11/26/16, Winston-Salem, NC
« on: August 08, 2016, 04:24:38 PM »
Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Show
http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Forsyth_Fowl_Fanciers.html
Winston-Salem, NC
Mark East
(336) 341-9281
statefan10@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 04:28:36 PM by Temple DaSilva »

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Show, 11/26/16, Winston-Salem, NC
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:24:34 PM »
The Forsyth Show is the SE District meet and the deadline is coming up fast.  You can email Mark East for a copy of the show catalog and I will try to copy here.  Please be aware that out of state entries will require an A-I test this year.    And feel free to contact me if you have questions.    Thanks and Good Luck!      drc

Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Association   Fall Show   11/26/2016
Dixie Classic Fairgrounds 421 West 27th Street Winston-Salem,NC 27105

Judges For This Show
Tim Bowles               APA      Ohio
 Lewis Cunningham   APA ABA     Ohio
Jackie Koedatich      APA ABA     Delaware

Entry Fee is $3.00 per bird , plus $1 clean up fee per exhibitor (all to be paid before judging).

We accept standard chickens, bantam chickens and bantam ducks. We will no longer accept large ducks.

Closing Date is Sunday, November 20th

You can enter in one of three ways, mail to: Mark East, 5625 James East Drive, Kernersville, NC 27284

E-   mail to: statefanl O@vahoo.com  or call in to: 336-341-9281between 6pm and 9pm only please.

***********************NOTICE***********************
All out of state birds will be required to have a current Avian Influenza test. The test must be taken within 3 weeks prior to our show. Please have your documentation with you to present to the Dept. of AG reps. The Forsyth Fowl Fanciers regret any hardship this may cause but we are required to strictly enforce this rule.
Thank you in advance for meeting this requirement.

State testers WILL check your GREEN CARD if you are selling birds, be sure to have yours current and with you. If you need a Green Card, write to the NC Dept. of Agriculture &Consumer Services, Veterinary Division, 1030 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1030.
DO NOT BRING ANY UNTESTED BIRDS TO SELL ON THE FAIRGROUNDS !II
     Blood Testing
North Carolina requires that all birds be tested for Pullorum and Typhoid and wear a test band. Have your test papers and/or card with you or your birds may have to be retested. We suggest that you have your birds tested before you arrive at the show. Testers will be here from 3pm thru 7pm on Friday and until 9am on Saturday.
                  Meets for this Show
APA,  ABA I   OLD ENGLISH GAME BANTAM CLUB OF AMERICA,  Rosecomb Bantam
Federation, BELGIAN D'ANVER CLUB,  COCHINS INTERNATIONAL I    American Silkie Club, Modern Game Bantam Club, Ameraucana  Breeders Club District Meet, Cornish Club, Other meets are pending
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 06:52:00 PM by Don »
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 01:19:18 PM »
After a few emails back and forth to our State AI Inspector and our State NPIP Coordinator, as well as to Mark East, here is a clarification on the NPIP/AI requirements:

If you are NPIP/AI certified clean (a participant in the NPIP program, have your property inspected once a year, and have P/T tests performed annually and AI tests performed every six months), you do not have to have your birds AI tested within 20 days of the show!  You do need to bring your most recent test results, your NPIP card, and make sure all birds being shown have NPIP bands - either wing or leg bands.

Here are the emails (the relevent ones):

Susan Mouw <samouw@gmail.com>

AttachmentsNov 3 (8 days ago)

to Mark, Bradford, Julie
Hi Mark

I contacted our State Tester, Bradford Smith, about getting my birds re-tested before the show who, in turn, contacted our NPIP State Coordinator, Dr. Julie Helms.  I've attached her reply below.  Since I am NPIP and AI Clean, I should not need to get my birds re-tested (My annual inspection was done in September and I test for AI every six months).

Please confirm that I will be able to show my birds at Forsyth Fowl Fanciers with the proper documentation.

Thank you

Julie Helm

Nov 3 (8 days ago)

to Bradford, me

Susan,

You are already NPIP Pullorum and AI Clean – you do not need to retest for AI.  Entrance into the state of NC requires either NPIP AI Clean or individually tested within 3 weeks of the show.

This is why you are AI Clean – to make it easier.

Bring your NPIP Flock card – and originally Pullorum test sheet – and AI lab results paper to show them.

If the show people fuss because you didn’t do it within 3 weeks – tell them you are NPIP AI Clean which means you are good for 6 months after your last AI test.  And they can call the NC NPIP people to confirm about the NPIP AI Clean rules.  Just in case they do not understand NPIP testing.

julie

Mark East

Nov 3 (8 days ago)

to me
Hey Susan
I agree that you will not have to get your birds tested at our show. I had the Dept of ag guys at the house today and they read your emails and they agree with us too! They said for you to be sure that you bring your paperwork and be sure all your birds are banded.  I look forward to meeting you at the show.
Mark
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 09:12:11 PM »
Just emailed my entries to Mark :)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 11:32:43 AM »
The show is just next Saturday, so send your entries in to Mark East by email this weekend.  It would be great to have some new folks showing AMs this year.  But even if you can't show, come on out and enjoy the fellowship and talk Ameraucanas.  I know that Susan, Maggie and Jeff and Cheryl are planning to make the trip.  We even hear rumors that a couple of folks from TX are going to make an appearance. And the club always has a great concession stand with homemade baked goods and even homemade chili or Pintos and Hot dogs too.    Hope you can make it out. 
Don Cash

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 08:43:39 PM »
Brought the first four in tonight for bathing tomorrow.  Of course, only three of those four are actually going, but I still can't decide between two cockerels.  So, I just figured I'd bath both of them and decide at the last minute.  lol

Four more come in tomorrow night for bathing Monday, then four more Monday night for bathing Tuesday...
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 07:40:19 PM »
Birds in crates, crates in car...check
Feed for 2 days mixed and in car...check
Water for 2 days mixed with vitamins and in car...check
Feed and water cups loaded...check
chair loaded...check
crate dolly loaded...check
NPIP/AI Paperwork printed and in car...check
Grooming kit in car....check
Rosettes, meet awards, meet report in car...check
ABC banner in car...check

I know I'm forgetting something. I'll probably remember what it is around 5AM tomorrow morning halfway to Winston-Salem.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 09:27:51 PM »
Susan, don't forget to have FUN!
Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 10:15:00 AM »
The SE District Meet was held this past Saturday at the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds in Winston-Salem NC.  The weather was clear and sunny but not quite as warm as we might would have liked.  Jeff and Cheryl Vance provided a canopy, coffee and sweets for the AM fanciers to enjoy.  It provided a good place for everyone to gather and enjoy talking about AMs and club business alike.  A fair amount of ribbing was included in the discussions. 

Early in the morning someone realized that a prominent exhibitor's entry had not been included in the show tags.  But the club worked together to rearrange the classes affected and made adjustments so that all birds could be judged with like color classes.  Best of Breed LF and Ch AM went to Susan's Black C. and RB LF went to a White hen by Jim Wheeler.  Best of Breed Bantam went to Maggie Maier on a Silver Pullet and RB went to a Wheaten Male by a new member Kristina Wilson.  Congratulations to all of the winners.  Nice representation of the Breed.  Everyone seemed to have a great time and the show was complete and most everyone left by 3pm.   Some of the exhibitors are still traveling at this time and I hope might pipe in with comments as they can.  Pictures were taken and a show report was filled out by Susan before the show concluded.  So More info will follow along with some pictures of the winners.  Thanks to everyone that came out to enjoy the show!  There were several that had hoped to come out and were not able to make the date.  You were missed and we hope to see you in the spring.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:38:58 PM by Don »
Don Cash

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 03:12:40 PM »
  A fair amount of ribbing was included in the discussions. 

Don, Sorry I missed the show and the ribbing! Could you post the ribbing in more detail? Sounds like you all had a great time!
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 04:51:56 PM »
It was a great show and a great time!  Jeff and Cheryl Vance went way above board with all the work they put into coffee, treats, shelter, and even a heater for all of us to enjoy!  And, then sent us home with goody bags, too!

It was great seeing everyone again, and just picking up chatter like we just saw each other the day before - what a great group.

And, in my defense, anyone could have walked out of the house at 4AM and forgotten things on the dining room table, like..rosettes, printed flyers and member apps, and custom aprons...anyone.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 06:14:07 PM »

And, in my defense, anyone could have walked out of the house at 4AM and forgotten things on the dining room table, like..rosettes, printed flyers and member apps, and custom aprons...anyone.

You are forgiven! It must have been the wee hours or the excitement of the pending show! Been there/done that! 
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 06:41:02 PM »
More pics to come, but here is the starter set :)

The great group from the SE!

BB AOSB CH Ameraucana Black K LF by Susan Mouw

BB Silver P bantam by Maggie Maier
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 06:13:22 PM by Susan Mouw »
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 07:27:56 PM »
Nice looking group of people! Congratulations to all the winners. Nice looking trophies! Susan, you may have forgot the rosettes, members applications, flyers etc. , but I'm sure glad you didn't forget the Black ckl. He did outstanding, good looking bird!
Gordon Gilliam

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2016, 07:33:00 PM »
Gordon - I'll tell you a little secret, but you have to promise not to tell anyone. ;)

He wasn't the one I thought would win.  LOL  He was the "filler" bird. It was my other cockerel that I thought would do well, but you know what they say - one judge's opinion on one day. :)  We'll see how they stack up at Knoxville this coming weekend.

Of course, I'm not sending back the trophy!
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm