Author Topic: A couple of my grow outs from this Spring  (Read 4058 times)

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
A couple of my grow outs from this Spring
« on: August 19, 2016, 08:13:24 AM »
I'm kinda proud of these from my grow out pens...

Any thoughts, critiques?
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm
http://www.sandcastlesfarm.com

Birdcrazy

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of my grow outs from this Spring
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 07:56:58 PM »
I'm kinda proud of these from my grow out pens...

As well you should be!
Gordon Gilliam

Don

• ABC Members
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 07:14:01 AM »
Susan,  Looks like you are already prepared for the fall shows.  These two are coming along nicely.  Looks like you got these two our really early too.  How long do you think before they will be finished and ready to show?  Any pullets to share pictures?
Don Cash
Matthew 4:9

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 07:37:24 AM »
Hi Don.

I am planning on going to the Edgefield show at the end of October, but that will be my first show for this Fall. I really wanted to go to Anniston again, and try Inverness, but they are both too soon after the surgery and I don't think I'll be up for an overnighter and the drive quite that soon.

I've just started sorting out pullets, so pics may be coming soon. :)

My blues, from Sharon, are coming along nicely, too, but they are much younger and I'm not sure the cockerel I'm keeping will be ready until later in the year - maybe for District?  I might be able to get one or two of the pullets out in November.  Time will tell.
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm

Andrew Johnson

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 04:29:34 PM »
How early in the spring? They both are looking swell! Nice size and stature very proud looking. About the only thing my inexperience eye picked up is the slow maturing tail feathers of the black. But I tend to see that in mine as well. Our wheaten/blue wheaten cockerels are just now pushing through with true muff and beard color. Ours still have a ways to go.

Susan Mouw

• ABC Lifetime Award
  • Ameraucana Guru II
    • View Profile
    • Sand Castles Farm
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 04:34:07 PM »
How early in the spring? They both are looking swell! Nice size and stature very proud looking. About the only thing my inexperience eye picked up is the slow maturing tail feathers of the black. But I tend to see that in mine as well. Our wheaten/blue wheaten cockerels are just now pushing through with true muff and beard color. Ours still have a ways to go.

The blue wheaten hatched in late feb, and the black hatched in mid-march.  He was in the final stages of a juvenile molt when that picture was taken, so it looks like he doesn't have a tail.  It's looking better now, but he'll be finished out in about 3-4 more weeks. :)
Susan Mouw
Sand Castles Farm